Abortion pushed on Third World may have racist agenda, says Cardinal Turkson

Certainly something for all Catholics to ponder before voting day!!
Cardinal Turkson* stressed*** the Church’s** social** doctrine** cannot** be separated from concern for unborn life and warned against Catholic development agencies getting involved in the** push** for** abortion** or** contraception** through the guise of improving women’s lives in the development world.
When it comes to Catholic groups working under the Caritas Internationalis federation, "we cannot have a group that is Church-based which is at variance with** Church teaching**," he said.
"We have to* move*** from this** schizoid** experience of** believing** one thing and** doing** another. Our faith should** inspire** what we do."
[/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]http://www.catholicregister.org/news/canada/item/15162-abortion-pushed-on-third-world-may-have-racist-agenda-says-cardinal-turkson

History of eugenics is filled with racism

Indeed!
Several insightful links attached to this article…
[/FONT]http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/opening-the-gates-wide-to-population-control-abuse?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=23c1f49a43-LifeSiteNews_com_Canada_Head0lines_10_01_2012&utm_medium=email

Abortion is like hitlers agenda. There are instances where planned parenthood has been known to target the African American community for abortion.

Tsk, tsk, tsk

Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood was a eugenicist who supported abortion as a means to rid the world of black people, handicapped, mentally retarded,and frankly anyone not white or perfect. Hitler must have loved this woman.

Godbless Cardinal Turkson for standing up and telling it like it is. Those raving murderous psychopaths have already killed off the family in Europe and the West and now they are turning on the poor third world to spread their death and misery.

Yup!

God Bless You, Cardinal Turkson.

AMEN!! :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

May the SACRED EHART BLESS Cardinal Turkson!!

Thanks for mentioning this! I was going to bring up the planned parenthood agend and its roots in racism myself. Margaret Sanger was a sick woman.

I actually never knew that the founder of Planned Parenthood was racist. Do you have any documents to back this up? (Not saying I don’t believe you, but proof is essential during debate)

Sure

EWTN

From a 1992 article from Citizen magazine

Short version:

The birth control movement led to one of Sanger’s most audacious projects in 1939. A memorandum “Suggestions for Negro Project” made its way to her desk from Dr. Clarence Gamble. He was the director of the Birth Control Federation of the South. Gamble suggested that they sell eugenics to get rid of blacks by a kind of traveling minstrel show with black preachers and black nurses touting the benefits of family planning. In December 1939 Sanger responded stating, “We do not want the word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten that idea out if it occurs to the more rebellious members.”(Gordon, Linda. Woman’s Body, Woman’s Right. New York: Grossman Pub., 1976, pp. 332-333)

The modern world seems to be ever growing in their hatred towards the unborn. This is rampant in the US too - when 41% of African American pregnancies in the state of New York end in abortion.

This open letter from a Nigerian mother to Mrs. Gates is an intelligent and heart felt letter indeed!
[/FONT]http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=47264
I myself have never given any thought to* how** these birth control pills will even affect the drinking water etc…*
Shocking to* also** learn that many of these women in many areas are Catholic Faithful. T**his is actually an attack *
*on **Catholic Church teaching **as well. Which returns us to Folks calling **themselves Catholic but acting **in serious *
*ways **against *Church teaching!

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Why is contraception and abortion being promoted in Africa through billions of dollars going to various goverment when people are starving, and do not have proper housing. I find it suspicious

Thank you very much ^^

It’s not suspicious, the reason is obvious. The people supporting abortion and contraception view childbirth as the problem, not the social upheaval, rampant war, rape, street violence, gorilla warfare and tribal mentality that characterizes that unfortunate part of the world.

They’re ignoring the cause and making up one that suits their agenda.

It’s not just in Africa. I see it here in Asia as well.

They view abortion and contraception as a way to solve the issues like poverty when it does anything but

Yes it is terrible

[size=2][size=3]Cardinal Turkson[/size] would** agree** with you, Crescentinus…[/size]
("There will be* a racist agenda behind all** of this," he said,** noting** the population** control efforts** are focused on Africa and Asia.) *
Glad you joined in the discussion
[/FONT]http://www.catholicregister.org/news/canada/item/15162-abortion-pushed-on-third-world-may-have-racist-agenda-says-cardinal-turkson

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.