Abortion quiz courtesy of Education for Choice

In researching for a different thread I came across the following website in the UK. It is call “Education for Choice”. Its is worth taking the online “quiz” regarding abortion. I am horrified that such lies can be allowed. Here’s the link (it is specifically for young people):

efc.org.uk/Foryoungpeople/Quiz

Just to give you a clue on one of the answers: if you read their site, here is one of their “teachings”"

“Some doctors believe that women are the best people to make decisions about their own pregnancy and will refer any woman who requests an abortion on the grounds that her mental health will suffer by being forced to continue with a pregnancy which is unwanted.”

God bless,

Hal

The quiz provides completely accurate information regarding abortion, statistics and the law within the United Kingdom.

The statement: “Some doctors believe that women are the best people to make decisions about their own pregnancy and will refer any woman who requests an abortion on the grounds that her mental health will suffer by being forced to continue with a pregnancy which is unwanted.”

Is perfectly acceptable in Britain, where TWO doctors have to agree that an abortion is the best decision that the woman can make, and if they are not Catholic/Christian etc etc, and they do believe abortion is acceptable, this information is completely and utterly correct. The woman would be the best person to make the decision. She still has to convince the other doctor that it would be damaging to her mental/physical well-being to continue the pregnancy.

That website also states that “Other doctors interpret the law more narrowly. They want to be convinced that there is specific evidence that a woman’s health will be put at risk by the pregnancy, and will not always refer a woman for abortion.”

Which is also an entirely appropriate course of action. Doctors can, and do, conscientiously object to providing abortions.

England is NOT a Catholic country and regardless of whether or not we all disagree with abortion, this IS the law. Jews, Hindus, CofE, Islam, Buddhists and Sikhs all reside within the United Kingdom and these religions all accept abortion, if not in all circumstances, at least in circumstances where the woman’s life would be in danger were the pregnancy to continue.

The NHS provides a service to all of these people, not just Catholics, and as it is the main provider of health-care throughout the United Kingdom and is funded by the Government and Taxes, the NHS needs to provide adequate and suitable healthcare for all races/religions/creeds and colours.

In the Ethics part of that website it asks the young people to think for themselves, what they do or do not agree with, when they think that life starts. It is about providing complete education regarding Abortion. We do not teach abstinence only as sex education here, abortion, STDs, families, relationships and birth control are all mentioned alongside abstinence when sex education begins. It is entirely right for the goverment and the schools to provide this information to young people so they can decide for themselves what is, or is not acceptable. Again, NOT EVERYONE is a Catholic.

As much as the notion of abortion may upset you, me, every Catholic under the sun, it is not the only religion in the world and we have to be tolerant of others’ beliefs as well as our own. That website does not lie, it offers complete, comprehensive, unbiased information about abortion services available within the UK. It is sad that such a website has to exist but the information there is entirely accurate.

No offense, I hope, but abortion is not a ‘Catholic’ issue.

It is a human rights issue.

Either abortion involves the death of a living human being, or it doesn’t.

If it does, it is murder whether or not the persons involved ‘think’ it is murder.

Does God ONLY exist for those who ‘believe’ in Him? I think you’ll agree that God exists whether or not you, or I, or anybody else, ‘believe’ in Him. . .

And going from that, God’s LAWS exist whether or not you or I or anybody else obeys them.

I’m sorry if this appears intolerant, but to argue that murder should be ‘tolerated’ because some people don’t believe it’s murder is so rampantly illogical that I can’t believe people have been fooled into thinking they are ‘imposing their beliefs’ onto people by making simple statements of FACT.

Abortion is murder. In every care of abortion (and before the flames come I mean induced abortion for the purpose of termination of pregnancy, as I am well aware that medically speaking the term ‘abortion’ also refers to cases where a spontaneous cessation of the pregnancy occurs, often called a miscarriage). . .in every case of such induced abortion, a life IS LOST. An innocent life is deliberately taken.

God help us, are we so shallow and so cowed and so blinded that we no longer can see Truth when it is in our faces? Have 36 years of propaganda and lies and violence completely numbed us to the reality that MILLIONS OF LIVES have been lost while we sit by, smugly, blindly, congratulating ourselves in that we ‘personally’ would never have an abortion but we would not DREAM of ‘imposing our beliefs’ on others?

God forgive us.

Not according to the law it isn’t, it is entirely legal to have an abortion here in the UK as long as specific medical criteria are met, regardless of whether you feel that it is a human rights issue is, unfortunately, not the point, when our healthcare is provided free by the government. We can protest and disagree all we like and ask for the laws to be changed but it is not murder here in the UK, it is not defined as murder and a woman procuring an abortion does not go to prison. It may be a sad turn of events that many women do have a termination each year but it is still legal

Does God ONLY exist for those who ‘believe’ in Him? I think you’ll agree that God exists whether or not you, or I, or anybody else, ‘believe’ in Him. . .

And going from that, God’s LAWS exist whether or not you or I or anybody else obeys them.

No, of course God exists for everyone, and I entirely agree that God’s Laws exist but it is not God’s law that we are following here, it is Man’s, and regardless of whether we, as Catholics/Christians or anyone else disagree with abortion, the Law of the Land does not hold the same beliefs and abortion is legal. The Law of the Land may be wrong, and we can work to change that, but whilst it stands as it is, the government have every right to provide complete information about the choices facing a woman who finds herself pregnant.

I’m sorry if this appears intolerant, but to argue that murder should be ‘tolerated’ because some people don’t believe it’s murder is so rampantly illogical that I can’t believe people have been fooled into thinking they are ‘imposing their beliefs’ onto people by making simple statements of FACT.

Not intolerant at all and I entirely understand your point, it is just unfortunate, as I said, that the governent, the Law and the healthcare service does not agree with you. I am not saying abortion itself should be tolerated, what I am saying is that the information provided is completely accurate and that the government have every right to provide it in the current situation.

Abortion is murder. In every care of abortion (and before the flames come I mean induced abortion for the purpose of termination of pregnancy, as I am well aware that medically speaking the term ‘abortion’ also refers to cases where a spontaneous cessation of the pregnancy occurs, often called a miscarriage). . .in every case of such induced abortion, a life IS LOST. An innocent life is deliberately taken.

So YOU think, as I previously stated and shall again, not everyone in the world believes in God, not everyone in the world is Catholic, let alone Christian. As a multi-cultural society, with a one source free healthcare system for all, the information provided regarding the services offered have to be open and in-line with every faith and religion, not just ours. We can stand and scream until we are blue in the face that God believes it is wrong and that abortion is murder but whilst there are people in this country who do not believe so (a vast majority of Christians included) there is little we can do about it.

God help us, are we so shallow and so cowed and so blinded that we no longer can see Truth when it is in our faces? Have 36 years of propaganda and lies and violence completely numbed us to the reality that MILLIONS OF LIVES have been lost while we sit by, smugly, blindly, congratulating ourselves in that we ‘personally’ would never have an abortion but we would not DREAM of ‘imposing our beliefs’ on others?

God forgive us.

It may be God’s Truth, but it is not the belief of this country, the government, the law and many millions of people within Britain. Campaign, protest, write letters to the government stating why this is wrong and how the law needs to be repealed but you cannot stop the government providing concise information for an operation which is technically, completely and utterly legal.

Jews, Hindus, CofE, Islam, Buddhists and Sikhs all reside within the United Kingdom and these religions all accept abortion

I know hindus don’t, and I think some Jews don’t. And a fetus is scientifically a human being, we can’t allow someone to kill them just because they don’t believe it’s human.

Not according to the law it isn’t, it is entirely legal to have an abortion here in the UK as long as specific medical criteria are met, regardless of whether you feel that it is a human rights issue is, unfortunately, not the point, when our healthcare is provided free by the government. We can protest and disagree all we like and ask for the laws to be changed but it is not murder here in the UK, it is not defined as murder and a woman procuring an abortion does not go to prison. It may be a sad turn of events that many women do have a termination each year but it is still legal

Quote:

No, of course God exists for everyone, and I entirely agree that God’s Laws exist but it is not God’s law that we are following here, it is Man’s, and regardless of whether we, as Catholics/Christians or anyone else disagree with abortion, the Law of the Land does not hold the same beliefs and abortion is legal. The Law of the Land may be wrong, and we can work to change that, but whilst it stands as it is, the government have every right to provide complete information about the choices facing a woman who finds herself pregnant.

Quote:

Not intolerant at all and I entirely understand your point, it is just unfortunate, as I said, that the governent, the Law and the healthcare service does not agree with you. I am not saying abortion itself should be tolerated, what I am saying is that the information provided is completely accurate and that the government have every right to provide it in the current situation.

So YOU think, as I previously stated and shall again, not everyone in the world believes in God, not everyone in the world is Catholic, let alone Christian.

The science shows that a fetus is a human being.

It may be God’s Truth, but it is not the belief of this country, the government, the law and many millions of people within Britain. Campaign, protest, write letters to the government stating why this is wrong and how the law needs to be repealed but you cannot stop the government providing concise information for an operation which is technically, completely and utterly legal.

Just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s okay. The U.S. had segregation less than 50 years ago.

We are pushing the word “accurate” here. I would contend that abortion does cause severe emotional impact on many women. Yet this site is suggesting to children that it is okay, that there is little risk of mental or physical adverse side effects. Hence a lie. Look at Rachel’s Vineyard. girls are impacted after abortion. The site in my first post attempts - under the guise of fairness and being even handed will lead children and women into abortion. Sounds like a plan from Satan to me.

Hal

As a lawyer, I’ve got to say that a right to abortion is basically a far stretch in order to make homicide legal. It’s thoroughly inconsistent on many levels and there’s never been any justification other than they don’t want the pregnancy and it’s kinda unfair on them.

Besides, laws of mortals inconsistent with Divine or natural law don’t bind.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.