Abortion rights activists interrupt Mass, vandalize cathedral

Santiago, Chile, Jul 26, 2013 / 04:31 pm (CNA).- Abortion activists interrupted Mass at the Cathedral of the Chilean capital Santiago the evening of July 25, destroying confessionals and defaming several side altars with blasphemous graffiti.

(read more)

That’s awful!

I believe in the link to CNS, one of those words is a profanity, I know Spanish but never learned a lot of the colloquial dirty talk.

Police said charges would be filed against several protestors for destroying a national monument. Church officials said they would also file a lawsuit against those responsible for the vandalism.
catholicnewsagency.com/news/abortion-rights-activists-vandalize-cathedral-in-chile/

Sounds like the equivalent of a “National Cathedral”. Bad story but I would surmise these kinds of people are an extreme minority in a strongly Catholic Country, I don’t think Chile has moved for Same-Sex Marriage, thank goodness.

Don’t mean to say negatives of a political movement, but progressivism has to be a curse and right now, has some momentum I would say.

Interesting that on that same page is a linked story where in Argentina, abortion supporters tried to attack a Buenos Aires Cathedral but seems they were thwarted:

On Nov. 1 a mob of abortion supporters and anti-clerical leftists in Argentina tried to deface the Metropolitan Cathedral in Buenos Aires but was turned away by the police and a human chain of Catholics.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/abortion-supporters-try-to-attack-buenos-aires-cathedral/

That’s an awful way to get their message across. Pro choice supporters should condemn these acts.

Just like you don’t see the “gay” activists condemn each other for doing this you won’t see other Pro-Abortion activist groups condemning this. They are basically the same people though since I don’t think there exists a “gay” activist group that isn’t also Pro-Abortion or a Pro-Abortion group that isn’t also for so-called “same-sex marriage”. This might make local news, but it’s a guarantee that the national/international mainstream media will ignore this.

At the core of the pro-abortion message is an anti-christ, anti-life spiritual vacuum.

By definition that void is Satanic in intent and in effect.

Ours is not a struggle against flesh but against principalities and the powers of darkness.
The greater violence is always in the message of the pro-abortion, or as the Prince of Lies himself would call it, the pro-woman, pro-choice message.

July 25, 2013, In Peru…

This article is on a 60 year old man who reported an abortion clinic in his neighborhood

His family believe they retaliated and bombed his house causing him to lose both legs.

lifesitenews.com/news/bomb-blows-mans-legs-off-after-reporting-illegal-abortion-clinic-in-peru-re

Just watched World Youth Day and the great crowd turn-out in Brazil. Pope Francis is going to his beloved countries and rallying his people back to Christ.

And I thought things were bad down in Texas… :frowning:

Those so-called “activists” can destroy the church building or profane its altars. but they can never destroy the Living Church, the people of God, the community of believers.

“Father, forgive then, for they know not what they do.”

This is very sad to hear. I hope these attacks end but there just seems to be more and more of them. :frowning:

I totally agree with what you say… This is what we are dealing with … a constant spiritual battle with Satan and his worldly supporters… The hatred that comes from these people… is beyond them merely campaigning for their rights ( and I include in this the Gay Rights movement too ) Its is Satanic in origin and as you rightly say in " intent and in effect"

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.