Abortion

Not to go off on a tangent, but what are some good charities/organizations that do this? I would love to donate as well, since it is the most common argument I hear from Pro-Choice people.

I give locally. That way I KNOW how it’s used. Ask your Priest.

I hope this helps

There are CPCs and maternity homes all over this nation that will help.

I agree, starting local is usually a good thing. Ask your priest about a nearby crisis pregnancy center that offers follow-up support to new moms. Some churches even have baby basket ministries which give necessities to new moms in need. Also, the Priests for Life website will have some info for you.

Evidence of counseling abuse at planned parenthood continues to surface in undercover student video

Watch the new video now at: liveaction.org/rosaacuna

In the undercover video, when the two women ask a Planned Parenthood counselor if the pregnant woman’s 10-week-old unborn child has a heartbeat, the counselor emphasizes “heart tones,” and answers, “Heart beat is when the fetus is active in the uterus–can survive–which is about seventeen or eighteen weeks.” On the contrary, embryologists agree that the heartbeat begins around 3 weeks. Wisconsin informed consent law requires that women receive medically accurate information before undergoing an abortion.

The counselor then says, “A fetus is what’s in the uterus right now. That is not a baby.” Dr. Prohaska, the abortion doctor, insists, “It’s not a baby at this stage or anything like that.” Prohaska also states that having an abortion will be “much safer than having a baby,” warning, “You know, women die having babies.”

(got this on my Facebook today)

Abortion is truly horrible and truly brutal. Either the baby is ripped apart using “medical” tools or the baby is burned alive by salt. Either that or the baby is killed using the RU486 drug. I don’t know the details of RU486 abortion but I imagine it is no less brutal than the other methods. :frowning:

What about it? How easy will you make it? Who pays for it? Will you pay all the medical bills to being the pregnancy to birth. And can it be done in a compassionate manner that does not degrade and insult the mother? If so, good, and now you can try to get the message out.:thumbsup:

For starters, it would be polite if you did not put words into my mouth that I never said or wrote.:tsktsk::tsktsk::tsktsk:

I was not trying to justify abortion on the bases of monney. What I was trying to do was point out that a pro-life stance requires financial support. And empathy. The use of the word “murder” is not empathy. I hope you are not one of those who screams it into the woman’s face.

As for what I do with my spare cash, it is 100% to Alcoholics Anonymous. Ones chances of persuading a woman not to have an abortion are improved if she is clean and sober when making the decision. Also, AA does not accept outside contributions, for obvious reasons.

Hmmmm…OK…it may not be obvious to you. So: AA would refuse any outside contribution of money, no matter how much, if it had strings attached about stopping abortion in the recovery group. There are thousand and thousand of good charaties out there, but with AA I know exactly how my money is being spent.

And please stop putting words into my mouth. Use the quote feature

I just cant stand reading articles about how abortions were done…:frowning:
I dont know what to say…I guess this world is getting more crazy and evil,you know…

But I feel pitiful for those women who did abortion.I pray that they may repent and maybe share their experience to others that they may not do it also in future.

Here’s a link to a video I saw the other day,I cant stand to watch it again as the images are already stuck in my head.

catholic.org/video/?v=13

Successful outcomes are entirely possible with everything you’ve mentioned: depression, poverty, depair, fear, food stamps given with sneers, etc. But what successful outcome can a baby have after it’s murdered?

As a mother who lives in poverty myself with 5 children I know that it can be done. It takes a bit more sacrifice. That makeup to put yourself togather? Gone, children need shoes. That nice outfit? gone the children need the electricity paid so they can do their homework. Yes it is a sacrifice having children. I made that dicision about 24 to 72 hrs before I concieved and wheather I intended to have another child or not is beside the point I knew it could happen and guess what it did.

I hear so much about personhood. Tell you what why don’t you prove to me it is not alive and not human. Prove to me its not a human, not a person not worthy of protection.

that’s tragic and heartbreaking :frowning:

Lord have mercy on our world…

The thought that disturbs me the most is what the state of heart, mind, and soul the person preforming these abortions must be in.
How can one look at little arms and legs in pieces and not feel anything?
How does one get to a state of heart, mind and soul that is so dead to life?

Oooohh, God who must love us so much…please help us sinners.

you are right on the money with your comments, here is a site worth visiting
www.victimsofabortion.com.au it is run my Ann Lastman who is the writer of the book Redeeming Grief She is a healer for women with abortion trauma and grief,she writes from over 1000 personal stories .She is a beautiful soul and so humble ,as she herself had to come to terms with the three babies that she aborted before her conversion.She lectures all over the world on this matter as she is a psychologist and a deeply spiritual woman close to Our Lady of Sorrows.

It seems you know first hand about the women in desperate situations.

You would think the prochoice people would investigate the choice of life also.

Trust in God, God will find a way.

prochoice.com/adopt_start.html

I, too, know many women who have had abortions and have talked with them. Not one of them has gone unaffected or feels good about their choice.

You make it sound as though their the pregnancy caused these problems. In my experience the abortion piles on serious depression and emotional issues, low self-esteem, and very real trauma on top women who are already suffering. Abortion never helps women in these situations recover, whether from addiction or emotional or mental illness.

and, yes, there is help for women, including child care. It is perfect? no. Truth is, the billions of dollars spent killing babies and piling on suffering could be going toward programs that provide real help either arranging adoptions or making it possible for women to keep their babies instead of killing innocent babies, hurting women and dumping funds into the pockets of planned parenthood.

praying for all those affected by abortion

Maggie

Go for it. I think it is a wonderful idea!! :smiley: Though I’m not sure the ACLU would go along with your plan. Oh well. If it doesn’t work, just sure the ACLU! :smiley:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.