About Exodus 90, Nineveh 90, Fiat 90

Given that folks are gearing up for these sorts of hardcore spiritual, physical, and mental challenges, I thought this was share-worthy. For my money, Fisher asks all the questions I wanted asked.

And this is interesting:

Why do you say this program is not for women, and you don’t endorse any program that’s been adapted for women?

The business folks in my life said it was a huge opportunity, and we should do that. But the whole program presumes you’re a man, and fatherhood is your destiny in one form or another. There’s nothing exclusive about prayer or asceticism or community; but we’ve written this expression of it for men.

Last year this came to a head. “Where’s your women’s program?” There’s only three full-time guys on this, we’re already trying hard to keep up. We’re a bunch of men. You don’t want us writing a program for women. So we got a religious order we respected. Their whole mission revolves around feminine identity. We asked them, “Would you study Exodus, and if you think this is a model of healing for women, would you write a program, if you feel called to? “

Six months later, they said they didn’t believe this structure is a model of healing for women.

All the women in my life are so much more rooted than most of the men are. Suffering is increasingly absent from most men’s life, but that’s not true for women. They are much more in touch with their own spirits than men are with theirs. It’s not that this is below women, but they’re kind of above this.

In terms of the spin-offs: I’m not sure what to make of it. There are many each year. Some of them get bigger than others.

My frustration goes back to what we said earlier: The Church has done a beautiful job of teaching about the complementarity of the sexes. But in application, it doesn’t get fully lived out.

Also discussed: stories of Exodus 90 harming marriages, Taylor Marshall, living the exercise through the Easter season, etc.

Of course, this piece is about Exodus 90 – but I think much of what is offered here can be applied, too, to other similar programs.

1 Like

Very nice interview you found :+1: this shed a light on some of the things I was sceptical about when it comes to E90.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.