About holy trinity

God the holy son eternaly begotten by God the holy father.God the holy spirit eternaly proceed from the father and the son.now my question is who is the supreme person of trinity?is it God the holy father?or this 3 persons are same?pls only catholic friends answer me.because i want to know the catholic view point about the holy trinity.thanks

i am learning about catholic faith.can’t any body answer my question?i still didn’t get any reply.but i hope my catholic friends will help me.pls inform me about my thread.thanks

THE PSEUDO-ATHANASIAN SYMBOL QUICUMQUE

(END OF THE 5th CENTURY AD)… Now this is the Catholic faith: We worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity, without either confusing the persons or dividing the substance; for the person of the Father is one, the Son’s is another, the Holy Spirit’s another; but the Godhead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty equally eternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, such also the Holy Spirit; uncreated is the Father, uncreated the Son, uncreated the Holy Spirit; infinite is the Father, infinite the Son, infinite the Holy Spirit; eternal is the Father, eternal the Son, eternal the Holy Spirit; yet, they are not three eternal beings but one eternal, just as they are not three uncreated beings or three infinite beings but one uncreated and one infinite. In the same way, almighty is the Father, almighty the Son, almighty the Holy Spirit; yet, they are not three almighty beings but one almighty. Thus, the Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God; yet, they are not three gods but one God. Thus, the Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, the Holy Spirit is Lord; yet, they are not three lords but one Lord. For, as the Christian truth compels us to acknowledge each person distinctly as God and Lord, so too the Catholic religion forbids us to speak of three gods or lords. The Father has neither been made by anyone, nor is He created or begotten; the Son is from the Father alone, not made nor created but begotten; the Holy Spirit is from the Father and the Son, not made nor created nor begotten, but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits. And in this Trinity there is no before or after, no greater or lesser, but all three persons are equally eternal with each other and fully equal. Thus, in all things, as has already been stated above, both unity in the Trinity and Trinity in the unity must be worshipped. …

God bless you! :slight_smile:

Here is what the Church believes. I’ll state the Athanasius Creed, then you can ask any questions you have.

And the Catholic Faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity
in Unity,
neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance.
For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son,
and another of the Holy Ghost.
But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one,
the Glory equal, the Majesty co-eternal.
Such as the Father is, such is the Son,
and such is the Holy Ghost.
The Father uncreate, the Son uncreate,
and the Holy Ghost uncreate.
The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible,
and the Holy Ghost incomprehensible.
The Father eternal, the Son eternal,
and the Holy Ghost eternal.
And yet they are not three eternals,
but one eternal.
As also there are not three incomprehensibles, nor three uncreated,
but one uncreated, and one incomprehensible.
So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty,
and the Holy Ghost Almighty.
And yet they are not three Almighties,
but one Almighty.
So the Father is God, the Son is God,
and the Holy Ghost is God.
And yet they are not three Gods,
but one God.
So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord,
and the Holy Ghost Lord.
And yet not three Lords,
but one Lord.
For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge ever y
Person by Himself to be both God and Lord,
so we are forbidden by the Catholic Religion, to say, there be three Gods,
or three Lords.
The Father is made of none,
neither created, nor begotten.
The Son is of the Father alone,
not made, nor created, but begotten.
The Holy Ghost is of the Father [and of the Son],
neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons;
one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts.
And in this Trinity none is afore, or after other; none is greater, or l ess
than another;
but the whole three Persons are co-eternal together and co-equal.
So that in all things, as is aforesaid,
the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.
He therefore that will be saved
must thus think of the Trinity.

In Christ,

JD

thanks friends.now i understand that.but though son was begotten from father so isn’t father little higher than son or spirit?because father is un begotten.(i guess orthodox christians think so).i just want to know.so if i am incorrect so pls correct me.thanks

As the other posters have pointed out all three persons of the Holy Trinity are EQUAL.

thanks brother now i understand.and thanks all friends for your help:).holy lord jesus bless all of us.:amen:

Morning Star was a Muslim and English is not his first language so we must take these things in consideration.

Jewel, i did not know about this thread when i answered you in PM.

I hope my answers clarified what the other posters wrote, in simple language and analogies :slight_smile:

thanks brother inJESUS,i asked you via PM about trinity after posting the thread&you made it clear to me:),later other posters also replied it.so i am gratefull to you and to all posters to made me understand about the pure concept of holy trinity.thank you and all friends for your concern to me.jesus bless all of us.:amen:

Te Father is not greater than the Son in power, eternity and greatness, but by the dignity of a grantor or source.

More info:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=3366540#post3366540 (by COPLAND 3 - Feb 08)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.