About our relationship with God's being

I recieved an answer to my question ’ should we desire the infinite attributes of God if we cannot partake in them as we are finite?’ It said we shall have the infinite although we cannot be the infinite.
I posted a reply where I explained I don’t understand how an finite being can enjoy infinitude. I’m sure he’ll reply- In the meantime, I’m too impatient!
Any ideas?

We shall know Him, that is clear, but shall we utterly know Him when He is above comprehension? And, as He exists outside of time (and we indide of it) can we enjoy His ‘timelessness’?

We can enjoy whatever He grants us to enjoy. It’s not ours to possess on our own, apart from Him.

“Apart from Me you can do nothing”. John 15:5

“With man this is impossible, with God all things are possible”. Matt 19:26

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no human mind has conceived” – the things God has prepared for those who love him–" 1 Cor 2:9

You really need to get a copy of the Summa. Check out Question 92 of the Supplement of the Third Part: (this is much, much longer than a normal Summa Article.

The life of sanctifying grace and the theology of “particpation” is essentially what you are talking about.

Not only does God give us the gift of the infinite but he enhances our nature such that we will be able to receive it as well. However it may take eternity to pump it into us (it doesn’t matter, it will feel while God has always had the whole lot as of right.

Imagine a balloon filled from a tap. Its too small to receive any more - yet it increases in size to receive the plenitude. So it always perfectly full, just like God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.