Abraham justified?

I do not have the time to look this up: when does Genesis say Abraham was justified?

At what point in Abraham’s life does St. Paul say Abraham was justified?

I do not have time to read or look this up.

THANKS!

In the English translation that I consulted the word “justified” is not used with reference to Abraham. What Gen. 15:6 says is that Abraham believed God, and that God accounted to him as righteousness.

In the New Testament there are links between “Abraham” and “justified” in Rom. 4:2 and James 2:21.

Dave

Thanks!

6 Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness. Gen 15

Before he was circumcised.

9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, “Faith was credited to Abraham as righteousness.” 10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised. Rom 4

Why not?

I have many, many, many responsibilities.

I have limited talents, too.

I, on the other hand, being fully retired, am quite the man of leisure :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Jim,

Don’t be made to feel like you have to defend yourself for asking questions. That is what the forum is for. I learn just as much from other peoples questions as I do from my own.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.