Abraham's test?

A lot of discussion here about “Abraham’s Test”. But way too much emphasis and wasted mind power on the subject. Considering that it might all be just a made up story by some bronze age writer to illustrate, in his opinion, the willingness that humans should show to obey God. And an illustration of God’s empathy for Abraham’s feelings about his son. Why is it so readily accepted that this was a true happening?? If today my neighbor attempted to kill his son in a like manner because he was directed by God, he would be put in the psychiatric ward of a hospital if not jail. No one today has direct communications from God, I doubt it if anyone ever had. This tale could be in the same category as the account in Genesis of the creation of the world and the Garden of Eden myth. I’m done with it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.