'Absolutely horrifying' proposal calls for using aborted babies as organ donors (CNA)

London, England, Mar 13, 2009 / 04:04 am (CNA).- A leading embryonic stem cell expert in Britain has called for organs from aborted babies to be used in transplants to increase the supply of organs available for donation, drawing criticism from pro-life and Christian groups who called the proposal "absolutely horrifying."http://feeds2.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/AcDnKO-u7UQ

Full article…

Now that I am not “worshiping at the porcelain toilet” from reading this, I wonder if those that think this is a good idea, if this will mean partial birth abortions will go up so the organ being donated will be more mature for transplant?

Any thoughts on this?

There are no words to express what I feel about this proposal. But so that no one is confused,let me try a few. Sick, disgusted, Nazi-like, outraged, way beyond angry and, sadly, not surprised.

A human being is not a crop to be “harvested”. A baby least of all.

i think we all know the answer to that one…
:frowning:

i hate to say this but we Christians have not done enough to stop this kind of thing… to stop abortion which led to it…

now it seems there is little any of us can do… and yet there is ALWAYS something we can do… We can write letters… and various other things…

At least we can PRAY!! Pray rosaries over these kinds of pepole who don’t seem to have their souls anymore…

So wait, the pro-choicers argue that the unborn child is not a human being yet, but theyre going to use the organs? So what kind of organs are they? Theyre not human organs?

Talk about double standard.

And 53% of Catholic Americans voted for BHO well we can what is going to happen next.:sad_yes:

Pray people pray!

Those people who opened Pandora’s box, will try to open it wider and wider. There were obgyns in GB who advocated that it is safer for the pregnant women in certain instances if their disabled babies are born and killed outside the birth canal rather than being killed inside the womb. If the baby was not a human on the other side of the birth canal before being born, did a 6-inch travel across the birth canal suddenly make this baby into a human being - so goes their twisted logic. For these people, a disabled baby is not human enough to be protected and for being given a chance to life, but if he/she has a healthy heart or kidney, that organ is certainly human enough to be transplanted…

This is absolutely horrific.
It’s only a matter of time that women will be paid to abort so their fetuses can be “harvested for organs.” Beware of the “slippery slope.” Unfortunately, I can see it now in my mind, the advertisements in the classified sections and in the university newspapers.

We can apply Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body here. He says the opposite of Love is USE. Babies to be harvested for a utilitarian purpose. :frowning:
That would be the opposite of PJP2’s “Personalistic Norm.”

Hence my “not surprised” comment.

It is inevitable. People are no longer persons, just material to be used by those in a position to use another person, dead or alive.

The culture of death is FINALLY speaking the horrible truths they tried to keep in secret so long. It was just a matter of time. May God have mercy on us.

Please please please please please don’t kill me for asking, but…

…It’s an unavoidable fact that, as sad as it may be, abortions do happen. Is it so wrong to try to turn that around to something that can help those in need?

I know that pretty much everyone who reads this will not agree with me in the least, but I just wanted to ask.

Yes, it is morally wrong to try to benefit from a grave moral evil. I have a friend whose life is dependant on a certain type of medicine. Her concern is that this medicine will soon be produced using fetal stem cells or gland from aborted fetuses. She has rightly decided that if she can no longer obtain the medicine created from a moral source, she will cease taking the medicine and die. This would not br suicide, but a correct moral choice. A choice forced upon her by immoral people.

The culture of death continues. Let us pray.

I see what you’re saying. It is her right to refuse her medicine, if she feels it is morally wrong. I totally agree with that.

Some problems with this point of view. It is almost impossible to avoid everything that has been produced as a result of sin. Yet, there exists that which is produced from “great moral evil” and that which has not. When one uses these items, one helps provide logical, practical, and emotional support for the abortion industry. Boycotts were used to help end the South African apartheid regime. They are also used on the regime in Darfur and some sort of non-violence resistance (now I am talking out of my direct knowledge) in Tiananmen square in China. Non-violent resistance can also be used as protest against the grave moral evil of abortion.

nod nod I agree. (A little voice in the back of my head does hope that those needing organs are getting their needs fulfilled, though.) Ah well, I always do think of things from odd points of view, I guess.

As I understand it, PP and others already sell aborted babies for use in research, and the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industies. This is just one more way PP and other abortion providers can profit from murdering children. They wont ever be paying mothers to abort their children. They make too much money charging them for it while at the same time turning around and selling the aborted babies.

ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=214839
Right Choice
100 Uses for Baby Parts

101 uses for a dead baby

1. Collagen is a gelatinous substance found in the connective tissue, bone and cartilage. The leading 12 shampoos and five hand creams all contain collagen. Unless a beauty product specifies animal collagen or bovine collagen, the product probably contains human collagen. With 1.6 million abortions yearly, there is an abundant source of fetuses for commercial use.
  1. Babies’ bodies are sold by the bag, $25/batch or up to $5500/pound (1984). The sale of late-term abortions at DC General Hospital brought $68,000 between 1966-1976. The money was used to buy a TV set, cookies, and soft drinks for visiting professors.
    <…>

and scroll down for the next:

Baby Parts for Sale
A batch of eyes by UPS – 30 livers by FedEx

By J. C. Willke, MD

After fighting abortion for 30 years I thought I had seen and heard it all, but not so. Here is a new development, a coordinated high-tech industry functioning for the specific purpose of obtaining and selling high-quality fetal organs for research.
<…>

Okay. Without intending to gross anyone out, I will simply say that the meal that i ate shortly before I read this will not add to my waistline, but are already in my county’s sewer system.

I didn’t know Joe Mengele had kin who were still in business…I causes me flashbacks to the days of RvW when we were maligned as wingnuts and alarmists ranting about a slippery slope that would simply never happen.

Sickening, sad, how much more evil can this poor old world withstand?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.