Abusing God's mercy

For many years I abused God’s mercy and committed countless mortal sins.

So scared I can’t be forgiven

You can be forgiven, never despair of God’s mercy. God’s mercy is infinite, as is His love for you. He wants to forgive you of your sins so badly that He died for you on the Cross. He is willing to forgive you even if you’ve committed an innumerable number of sins, all you have to do is repent and go to Confession.

Did you confess your sins with sincere contrition? If so, then you are forgiven. God’s mercy is much greater than our sins. Our sins are small, mediocre, insignificant, meager, boring, powerless in comparison to God’s grace. It’s like a shadow disappearing in the presence of the sun.

Please search iTunes for the podcast Mission Jesus and listen to “Forgiveness of Sin: Confession, the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation” by Fr John Edwards. God does not hold these confessed sins against you, and neither should you. Listen to this podcast, and if you are still torn up inside, talk to your confessor.

someone posted this just the other day…

crisismagazine.com/2016/a-tsunami-of-mercy

can’t give credit as i don’t remember who…sorry

Peace

If you are sorry, and it definitely sounds like you are, you can for sure be forgiven! Don’t despair…

I see that you poster a little earlier about this, dear friend.
Here’s what St John Vianney said about despair and hope:

Some say, "I have done too much evil; the good God cannot pardon me:’ My children, this is a great blasphemy; it is putting a limit to the mercy of God, which has no limit - it is infinite. You may have done evil enough to lose the souls of a whole parish, and if you confess, if you are sorry for having done this evil, and resolve not to do it again, the good God will have pardoned you.

Obviously, we must have a certain amount of hope in God’s mercy, and to not go in the other direction, into presumption, but you are far from presumption.

As long as you are alive on earth, no matter what you have done, God is full of mercy and forgiveness.
God wants to for give you more than you want him to forgive you.

Don’t listen to Satan telling you otherwise.

Just go to confession, tell the priest that, confess your sins,

And:
Pray for at least 5 to 30 mins each day. Prayer is what keeps you from sin.

Prayer brings Gods grace.

Start reading a chapter of a catholic book, or the bible each day.

Wear a blessed brown scapular with a blessed miraculous medal.

Get a free holy water bottle at church, get one for your car, one for your room, one for work, bless your room at night. Bless yourself before going to work each day.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.