According To Tampax Some Women Don't Have Periods and Some Men Do

What say you?

6 Likes

It’s trivially true that not all women have periods. Post-menopausal women obviously don’t.

I never have due to a constellation of birth defects meaning I never had a developed uterus or ovaries.

Surely it’s the other half of the assertion, if anything, that you should be discussing.

3 Likes

There are whispers of uterine transplants…If I read correctly, they’re doing studies (or a study?) initially on women…I stopped reading at the word transgender. Apparently, it looks to maybe be a possible end goal…

1 Like

043_dts

Such ridiculous pandering to some will lose them other customers.

5 Likes

It is annoying. It’s also somewhat funny. But it is ultimately a marketing campaign. P&G wants two things. One is for “the left” to leave it alone, the other is to make its shareholders happy.

LOL men still dictating to women what it means to be a woman.

And more LOL at the women buying into this nonsense

21 Likes

P&G is a business. If it seems advisable, in pursuit of market share and profit, to say nice things about a particular demographic, the company will say those nice things. Similarly, Forbes is a business magazine. What effect did P&G’s words have, in practice, on its performance and its market share? Was it helpful to its corporate results, as the company hoped, or did it backfire? Did it perhaps have an unforeseen negative impact? Those are legitimate questions, and the people who read Forbes magazine have an obvious interest in finding out the answers, to help them make decisions about the way they run their own businesses. Apart from that, there’s nothing much going on here that we didn’t know already.

Are there really that many delusional women who claim to be men out there to warrant this kind of pandering for profit?

edit: Not that these companies also don’t pander to the trans community- but it’s more economical for me to use reusable menstrual products. I consider using a menstrual cup as one of the best personal decisions I’ve ever made. It’s certainly not for everyone- but it is way better than paying taxes for and using tampons and pads every month- which is a true issue I’d like to see addressed.

3 Likes

Someone in Proctor and Gamble’s marketing department isn’t playing with a full deck. I remember their Gillette ad where they portrayed all men as violent, sexist, pigs and they lost a lot of revenue after that. My husband stopped buying their razors after that.

I’d like to go back to the days when companies talked about their products and why their stuff is better than the other guys.

I find myself saying that line from your meme more and more frequently. :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

I think the point, at this point, is the social and political capital such posturing gains in the eyes of the larger audience of (“cis”) people.

It is currently popular with the broader public, or at least perceived as such by corporations, to express support for XYZ movement-of-the-moment. It’s a way of positioning themselves to be perceived as in-touch, sensitive to the downtrodden, etc. That’s where they expect the profit from the pandering. Not from the pockets of the downtrodden specifically, but from the pockets of people who are happy they’re talking about the downtrodden.

Lol oh don’t get me started there. Kudos to you for managing it but I have a couple horror stories from trying that product you recommend. Amusing to me in retrospect, but not fit for print. Until they develop an easier alternative, I’ll have to keep going the single-use product route.

What is a menstrual cup?

Are you talking about sales taxes?

If companies like Tampax really cared about those of us who menstruate they’d advocate against the fact that women are still taxed for their products in most places.

Lol oh don’t get me started there. Kudos to you for managing it but I have a couple horror stories from trying that product you recommend. Amusing to me in retrospect, but not fit for print. Until they develop an easier alternative, I’ll have to keep going the single-use product route.

Like I said, they’re not for everyone. I find them superior in every way to my experiences with the single use products. It works for me and I am fortunate.

Menstrual cups are reusable menstrual products that don’t work for everyone but are a game changer for those of us they do work for. When they work they are better in every conceivable way to tampons and pads.

An example: https://saalt.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwit_8BRCoARIsAIx3Rj59fytTJtAq0hpXuIFkMeHqV2Gr5eV2iYrbYZWiFeo6AmmQWfwdowQaAo97EALw_wcB

Yes- I’m talking about sales tax. Taxes on menstrual products amount to a luxury tax that shouldn’t exist. These products are a necessity for the majority of women. If you want to talk about a true injustice- you’re looking at one- considering these products are taxed in most places.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Father of four going on five daughters so not squeamish about the topic.

3 Likes

Why is this a problem? Isn’t toilet paper taxed?

4 Likes

Are you a man or someone whose parents still pay for their necessities in life?

edit: You do realize that affordable access to these products keeps girls and women from schooling in this world- don’t you?

6 Likes

Burn…

2 Likes

I’m a guy, and actually I buy my own toilet paper sometimes

4 Likes

I think sales taxes and gas taxes should go bye bye…

2 Likes

Girls and women often can’t afford menstrual products in many parts of the world- even in this day and age- and taxes make them more unattainable. This ensures that many girls can’t even go to school. It’s a true injustice and a real problem. However- we’re only supposed to be concerned with the feelings of those in the first world trans community.

12 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.