According to the catholic church will i go to hell

WIll i go to hell being a calvinist since the church says there is no salvation outside the church?

Do Calvinist have baptism? Heaven is not limited to just Catholics. If one believes, and has been baptized, one can still be saved. Calvinist can be saved, but if you know the Catholic church is the true church, and deliberately ignore that, then that is a doubtful direction, because Christ himself said that “Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels” Luke 9:26. We do not believe in predestination, God gave us free will, therefore one must work and act like a Christian to be saved.

The Church does not say who does and who does not go to Hell, as this is something we cannot know. Therefore, the Church has no teaching regarding the “who” of going to Hell, merely the “how”. “How” one goes to hell is to die in unrepentant mortal sin.

I suggest you read paragraphs 846-848 in the Catechism for a better understanding of No Salvation Outside the Church.

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P29.HTM

Actually, reading the entire section of the Creed on “I Believe in the Holy Spirit” might be helpful to you in understanding the Church as she sees Herself.

Scroll down to Part 1, Section 2, Chapter 3:

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

Hi Pizzadude,

Yes.

For a more in-depth explanation, read 1ke’s links. The judgement of a soul requires God’s omniscience, which God has reserved for himself, therefore the Church is only disposed to judge beliefs and deeds.

OP, I noticed that you are swarming this section with threads, but I encourage you to do a search on your questions. A general search only allows for one keyword, but if you do a “google” search from within the forum, you can type almost a full question and find answers much faster than waiting for replies here, especially since you have so many questions. :slight_smile:

By the way, I have the sense that you are very young, perhaps a student?

i will try google now
yes i am only 23 =)

There is no contemporary soteriological system taught by any church that is not an error IMO. It does not make any difference if one’s belief is Calvinism or not. The fact that only a very few ever find out what the small narrow door that must be used to enter God’s kingdom actually is needs to be the major concern of us all. IMO.

Depends on what one is required to believe and then obey. No man has been granted the free will to disobey God. “For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.” Rom. 2:13 He is not referring to the Sinai code BTW.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.