Accusations against the Catholic Church...

The first accusation

"The Great Prostitute of the Revelation is the Roman Catholic Church." Ap 17

Before I say anything let me tell you a great mystery: God’s people are inside the great prostitute. Did you know this??? Ap 18:4

The Roman Catholic Church is composed of all the baptized all over the world. The prostitute is referred as sitting on 7 hills (Ap 17:9), in the midst of them. And no one can deny that this refers to the headquarters of the administration in Rome, the Vatican NOT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

We are told that in the Holy City there is *no Temple ** Ap 21:22 and in the prophecies of Saint Malachy, during the last Pope, the Vatican will be destroy, not the Catholic Church which is formed by the believers, not by buildings. Jesus said to Peter: “You are Peter. On this rock I will build my church and the powers of death shall not prevail against it” Mt 16:18. Peter is a rock, buildings are places to gather together in God’s name to pray.

In Revelation when the great prostitute is revealed to Saint John he was struck with a great wonder, not for nothing, because God’s people are inside her.

The Second Accusation

“The Pope is the antichrist”

The ones that assert this, they say that the great prostitute is the Roman Catholic Church and therefore the Pope is the antichrist. Well here is very simple to tackle this one. The prostitute, we are told in the Apocalypse is seating on a beast, which happen to be the antichrist. Therefore the Vatican can not be two entities at the same time: the prostitute and the beast, in fact we are told that:" And the ten horns that you saw and the beast, these will hate the prostitute and will leave her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh, and will consume her with fire. And if the Vatican is the prostitute, which we ought to accept, then God’s people are inside her, including the Pope!!! If you do not want to accept this, then you are not his people, very simple.

Therefore we can feel confident to answer that the Pope is God’s people, and therefore God loves Him very much because He has given us to share in the Millennial Kingdom of Christ, which is now inside His Catholic Church, and he with the other bishops are sitting on thrones.

As for the identification of the antichrist, no one can know who he is until the two witnesses (which come from inside the Catholic Church) are killed, in Jerusalem. Then, and only then, we will know who is the antichrist, not before, because he will kill them.

Since the Pope Benedict XVI did not finish his papacy, the new Pope Francis I, will be called from the “From the Glory of the Olives”, as Saint Malachy names the Pope before the last one, because during his days the two witnesses will appear, who are the two olive trees standing before the Lord of all the earth. This, of course, if the prophecy is true.

The Third Acusation

“That the Roman Catholic Church has killed the Saints and Martyrs” (because they understand the great prostitute to be the RCC)

They argue that in the Apocalypse says: “and in her was found blood of prophets and of saints and of all those who have been slain on the earth” Ap 18:24

"6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus Ap 17:6
Which clearly means something else than killing them. In fact if she was killing the Saints they will be called martyrs and then why to repeat martyrs again??? It has another meaning that I will not deal with in this post.

In brief: (from the Catechism)

1197 Christ is the true temple of God, “the place where his glory dwells”; by the grace of God, Christians also become temples of the Holy Spirit, living stones out of which the Church is built.

1198 In its earthly state the Church needs places where the community can gather together. Our visible churches, holy places, are images of the holy city, the heavenly Jerusalem, toward which we are making our way on pilgrimage.

1199 It is in these churches that the Church celebrates public worship to the glory of the Holy Trinity, hears the word of God and sings his praise, lifts up her prayer, and offers the sacrifice of Christ sacramentally present in the midst of the assembly. These churches are also places of recollection and personal prayer.

In the love of the truth,
Gloria

The first accusation

"The Great Prostitute of the Revelation is the Roman Catholic Church." (Ap 17)

Before I say anything let me tell you a great mystery: God’s people are inside the great prostitute. Did you know this??? Ap 18:4

The Roman Catholic Church is composed of all the baptized all over the world. The prostitute is referred as sitting (a city established) on 7 hills (Ap 17:9). And no one can deny that this refers to the headquarters of the administration in Rome, the Vatican, NOT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

We are told that in the Holy City there is *no Temple ** (Ap 21:22) and in the prophecies of Saint Malachy, during the last Pope, the Vatican will be destroy, not the Roman Catholic Church which is formed by the believers, not by buildings. Jesus said to Peter: “You are Peter. On this rock I will build my church and the powers of death shall not prevail against it” (Mt 16:18). Peter is a rock, buildings are places to gather together in God’s name to pray.

In Revelation when the great prostitute is revealed to Saint John he was struck with a great wonder (Ap 17:6), not for nothing, because God’s people are inside her.

The Second Accusation

"The Pope is the antichrist"

The ones that assert this, they say that the great prostitute is the Roman Catholic Church and therefore the Pope is the antichrist. Well, the prostitute, we are told in the Apocalypse, (Ap 17:3-5) is seating on a beast, which happen to be the antichrist (Ap 13:18). Therefore the Vatican can not be two entities at the same time: the prostitute and the beast, in fact we are told that:" And the ten horns that you saw and the beast, these will hate the prostitute and will leave her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh, and will consume her with fire". And if the Vatican is the prostitute, which we ought to accept, then **God’s people are inside her, including the Pope and all the Church authorities that are there!!! **If you do not want to accept this, then you are not his people, very simple.

Therefore we can feel confident to answer that the Pope is God’s people, and therefore God loves him very much because Christ has given us to share in His Millennial Kingdom, which is now inside His Catholic Church, and the Pope, with the other bishops, are sitting on thrones "and power to judge was given to them" (Ap 20:4).

As for the identification of the antichrist, no one can know who he is until the two witnesses (which come from inside the Catholic Church) are killed, in Jerusalem. Then, and only then, we will know who is the antichrist, not before, because he will kill them (Ap 11:7).

Since the Pope Benedict XVI did not finish his papacy, the new Pope Francis I, will be called from the “From the Glory of the Olives”, as Saint Malachy names the Pope before the last one, because during his days the two witnesses will appear, who are the two olive trees standing before the Lord of all the earth. This, of course, if the prophecy turns to be true. **Saint Malachy is a Catholic Saint **and he wrote other prophecies, but we do not have to worry about this: if is true it will be clear if it is not, then we will have more Popes and the end will be determined by the comming of the two witnesses.

The Third Accusation

“That the Roman Catholic Church has killed the Saints and Martyrs” (because they understand the great prostitute to be the Roman Catholic Church)

They argue that in the Apocalypse says: “and in her was found blood of prophets and of saints and of all those who have been slain on the earth” (Ap 18:24).

" And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus" (Ap 17:6).
Which clearly means something else than killing them. In fact if she was killing the Saints they will be called martyrs and then why to repeat martyrs again??? It has another meaning, that I will not deal with in this post.

If you want more details about this, you can visit:
newtorah.org/Commentary.html

In brief: (from the Catechism)

1197 Christ is the true temple of God, “the place where his glory dwells”; by the grace of God, Christians also become temples of the Holy Spirit, living stones out of which the Church is built.

1198 In its earthly state the Church needs places where the community can gather together. Our visible churches, holy places, are images of the holy city, the heavenly Jerusalem, toward which we are making our way on pilgrimage.

1199 It is in these churches that the Church celebrates public worship to the glory of the Holy Trinity, hears the word of God and sings his praise, lifts up her prayer, and offers the sacrifice of Christ sacramentally present in the midst of the assembly. These churches are also places of recollection and personal prayer.

In the love of the Truth,
Gloria

I laugh when ignorant people say the “pope is the anti-Christ”. To which I say, “Oh really? Which one? There have been 266 of them. Are they all the anti-Christ? Show me in the bible (which you have apparently raised to the status of an idol) where it says there are at least 266 anti-Christs”. :smiley:

:compcoff: :manvspc: :bluelite::takeoff::whackadoo: :jrbirdman: :choocho::egyptian:

I now have a book I would suggest they read.

Does anyone wonder if the Protestants who hold to this error will ever give it up? There never seems to be an end to Protestants as well as other evangelicals who make this claim as though there is no question or doubt about it?

Our Lord Jesus Christ said that we should pray for our enemies and for those who hate us.

It is so sad that they allow their heads to get filled up with such things.

We can pray for them, and avoid anti-Catholic sites, and focus on our Lord Jesus Christ and obey Him.

I hope and pray some day we are all together on these important theological points. The Reformation literally breaks my heart and if I think about it long enough it makes me cry. I work with a wonderful Jewish woman who told me that before I got there there was a Protestant woman, we aren’t sure her denomination but she would tell my friend EVERY day that she is going to hell. To me that is extreme, there are different ways to get the point across that the old covenant has ended the first one being meeting on common ground and becoming friends. I can’t even imagine telling someone they are going to hell let alone daily.

The Vatican sits well beyond the seven hills of Rome.

“As fire when thrown into water is cooled down and put out, so also a false accusation when brought against a man of the purest and holiest character, boils over and is at once dissipated, and vanishes and threats of heaven and sea, himself standing unmoved.”

• Marcus Tullius Cicero

1 Peter 3:16

“Have a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.”

Revelation 12:10

And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

…ahhh… I could go on all night with this… but I have to run to the grocery store for more olives.

Oy, when will people give it up. Fruits of Protestantism Everybody! :shrug:

:yawn::yawn::yawn: Same Stuff Different Day…

[LIST]
]The Antichrist (Fathers)
*]Hunting the Whore of Babylon
*]The Whore of Babylon
[/LIST]

=Gloria de G;11521332]The first accusation

"The Great Prostitute of the Revelation is the Roman Catholic Church." Ap 17

The Roman Catholic Church is composed of all the baptized all over the world. The prostitute is referred as sitting on 7 hills (Ap 17:9), in the midst of them. And no one can deny that this refers to the headquarters of the administration in Rome, the Vatican **NOT **THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

We are told that in the Holy City there is *no Temple ** Ap 21:22 and in the prophecies of Saint Malachy, during the last Pope, the Vatican will be destroy, not the Catholic Church which is formed by the believers, not by buildings. Jesus said to Peter: “You are Peter. On this rock I will build my church and the powers of death shall not prevail against it” Mt 16:18. Peter is a rock, buildings are places to gather together in God’s name to pray.

In Revelation when the great prostitute is revealed to Saint John he was struck with a great wonder, not for nothing, because God’s people are inside her.

The Second Accusation

“The Pope is the antichrist”

The ones that assert this, they say that the great prostitute is the Roman Catholic Church and therefore the Pope is the antichrist. Well here is very simple to tackle this one. The prostitute, we are told in the Apocalypse is seating on a beast, which happen to be the antichrist. Therefore the Vatican can not be two entities at the same time: the prostitute and the beast, in fact we are told that:" And the ten horns that you saw and the beast, these will hate the prostitute and will leave her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh, and will consume her with fire. And if the Vatican is the prostitute, which we ought to accept, then God’s people are inside her, including the Pope!!! If you do not want to accept this, then you are not his people, very simple.

Therefore we can feel confident to answer that the Pope is God’s people, and therefore God loves Him very much because He has given us to share in the Millennial Kingdom of Christ, which is now inside His Catholic Church, and he with the other bishops are sitting on thrones.

As for the identification of the antichrist, no one can know who he is until the two witnesses (which come from inside the Catholic Church) are killed, in Jerusalem. Then, and only then, we will know who is the antichrist, not before, because he will kill them.

Since the Pope Benedict XVI did not finish his papacy, the new Pope Francis I, will be called from the “From the Glory of the Olives”, as Saint Malachy names the Pope before the last one, because during his days the two witnesses will appear, who are the two olive trees standing before the Lord of all the earth. This, of course, if the prophecy is true.

The Third Acusation

“That the Roman Catholic Church has killed the Saints and Martyrs” (because they understand the great prostitute to be the RCC)

They argue that in the Apocalypse says: “and in her was found blood of prophets and of saints and of all those who have been slain on the earth” Ap 18:24

"6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus Ap 17:6
Which clearly means something else than killing them. In fact if she was killing the Saints they will be called martyrs and then why to repeat martyrs again??? It has another meaning that I will not deal with in this post.

In the love of the truth,
Gloria

First welcome to the FORUM:)

I edited you’re post because space is LIMITED here.

TRASH remains TRASH even with a BOW on it,

In order for these things to be true, BOTH Jesus Christ and the Bible would have to be in error.:wink:

READ Mt. 16:15-19 taking note that Christ promises that the “gates of hell shall never prevail” against His Catholic Church

Then carefully read the following: John 17:14-20
“I have given them thy word, and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world; as I also am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from evil. [17] Sanctify them in truth. Thy word is truth. [18] As thou hast sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. :D] And for them do I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.[MEANS JESUS HIMSELF IS THE WARRANTY OF THE CC TEACHING THE TRUTH ON FAITH AND MORALS] [20] And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me;”

SO, WHO SHOULD i BELIEVE?:shrug:And the Vatican ROME, can’t be isolated from Christ CC. Most common understanding is that THEY ARE synonymous terms.

go figure:o

God Bless you,
Patrick

The Whore of Babylon is Ishtar.

:slight_smile:

The OP has started a 3rd thread saying the same thing. I now have serious doubts about the intent and faith of the OP. Is this type of repeated Thread posting with no intent to engage, okay?

Must press Submit & get ready for mass.

God bless

Good point. Thank You Avila

All credible scholars know the ST Malachy prophecies are fake. If anyone points to them as evidence of anything the burden is on them to show they were not fake.

Look Dorothy I had a problem. When I was making the post I press the enter key at some point and went published I did not know how, I think I was changing the title, I did not know that by pressing the enter key could be published. So I did press immediately the return key and came back to the place I was preparing the post and did not notice that went published then. When I finished it I posted and I realized that was posted halve an hour before. So I asked the board to please delete the first post, and they deleted the second one, the one finished. So I posted it again and they changed the name and delete again the good one.

I really do not know what to do. Because you can see that the post is dealing with accusations of non Catholics to the RCC. I really do not know what to do???

Could you advise what to do???

Many thanks,
Gloria

Look Avila I had a problem. When I was making the post I press the enter key at some point and went published I did not know how, I think I was changing the title, I did not know that by pressing the enter key could be published. So I did press immediately the return key and came back to the place I was preparing the post and did not notice that went published then. When I finished it I posted and I realized that was posted halve an hour before. So I asked the board to please delete the first post, and they deleted the second one, the one finished. So I posted it again and they changed the name and delete again the good one.

I really do not know what to do. Because you can see that the post is dealing with accusations of non Catholics to the RCC. I really do not know what to do???

Could you advise what to do???

Many thanks,
Gloria

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.