Accusations of Anti Semitism etc. help

Someone wrote this to me, what would you think of it if someone had written it to you? And what should i respond?

"thought I would drop this…regarding different popes, the church and the Vatican in general…:

…these are the same people that at one time referred to jews as dogs.,

… on the low negociated with the Nazi Germany…, and kept their mouths closed about the Holocaust and the extermination of the jew…

…carried anti-semetic views…

…even when the Nazis entered Vatican City…, the POPE closed it door…and let the outside people (other catholics, and of course jews get hauled off to death camps)…

…one of them, I think Pius (real late 1700s to late 1800s) was an advocator in the kidnapping of jewish children and moreso anti-semetism in general.

…the church has always been synoymous with anti-semetism.

…the pope never warned any group or population of people about what the Nazis were doing when they were “transporting” people. --I mention this because they were well aware of the agenda the nazis had planned…

…they never made a public apology to anyone regarding the above matters.

…The Catholic Church is the last big institution to have owned up to a practice routine in Nazi Germany, and even now seems reluctant to be compared with companies that worked many of their captive employees to death…

… “It has served us well this myth of Christ.” --Pope Leo X

…the Catholic Church also provided a means of escape for Nazi criminals after the war…, one of its closely bonded sub-groups that helped these escaped nazi convicts is called the KNIGHTS OF MALTA. Sovereign Knight of Malta passports were issued with false identities that allowed escape from prosecution for war crimes…

…the most Christian of colonies in AfriKa have always seen the most bloodshed. The Belgian Congo, one of the Catholic Church’s greatest AfriKan strongholds, saw unprecedented slaughter of the AfriKan people - forced labor, mass murder, mutilation, and starvation, etc

…in south afrika’s apartheid times…, european scientists were over there experimenting on afrikans…, experimenting with germ warfare, biological and other chemical weapons., the main goal was to sterilize people of color. These deadly ingredients were purchased THROUGH CROATIA’S black market. And Croatia was basically a Catholic country pointblank that had ties to the Catholic Church obviously. And as a matter of fact, Croatia was allied with the Nazis in WWII…and sometimes even scared the Nazis.

…then look at Rwanda…, there’s alot of contraversy surrounding this place. **The VATICAN’S highest official over there…Bishop Augustin Misago was recently tried for genocide and CRIMES AGAINST HUE-MANITY. **20 some other priests and nuns are awaiting trial…while others have been sentenced to death because the aiding in the above crime committed. All Vatican approved people.

…St. Paul’s theory…, later on resulting in the infamous witch hunt… killin over 2 million people…

and for a list of crimes committed…, that are more “well-known” click below…

vaticanbankclaims.com/links.html

…there’s alot more,

I’m not here to bash any specific group…, please keep that in mind. "

Oren,

There is so much. Where to begin??? How about at the end:

I’m not here to bash any specific group…, please keep that in mind. "

Uh huh:hmmm: There is extensive history related to the Church’s role during Pius XII during WWII, and the situation in Europe. Perhaps the Pope did close the doors when the Nazis came, was anyone able to count how many were concealed inside??? And where are the sources that the Church was “well aware of the agenda the Nazis had planned???” Why would anyne religious body want to be compared with the Nazi camps???

Ask for a source for the Pius X (as I am sure he was trying to refer to the alleged statement of Leo X by John Bale, a contemporary of Queen Elizabeth.) There is so much here it is hard to know where to begin. Personally, I think the individual was trying to bombard you with an avalanche so overwhelm you from giving a short, pithy response… You’ll be in my prayers. Thanks and God Bless.

Yeah, he slipped that in the end. How dishonest is that? When I responded he got all mad and said he wasn’t trying to bash anyone, and that I was being emotional and ignorant and other names. I guess it was a bait and trap sort of thing. I did some research on some of the stuff and responded with the information. But I couldn’t find things to say on all of it, esp the stuff about Africa(??) which was confusing, and some of the other stuff he said that didn’t make much sense. I looked at the kidnapping of the jewish kid thing, and I think that is true, but if someone else could maybe inform me on it I’d be grateful? Thanks for responding Slinky.

i’m afraid this person won’t appreciate any true, reasonable response. we’re praying for you (and him).

Oren,

I just found this online related to the Rwandan bishop charges:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/791907.stm

Apparently, the bishop was tried but he was acquitted and all charges dropped. Hope this helps. Thanks and God Bless.

Here are some responses to part one. The person who sent this to you seems as though they have a very disordered mind. Nothing here flows logically and its all so confused so it’s hard to interpret what the original author meant. Here’s my attempt:

About the Pope during WWII: catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0101fea1.asp

"one of them, I think Pius (real late 1700s to late 1800s) was an advocator in the kidnapping of jewish children and moreso anti-semetism in general." - This is such an incoherent thought, I don’t understand what it means.

**the most Christian of colonies in AfriKa have always seen the most bloodshed. The Belgian Congo, one of the Catholic Church’s greatest AfriKan strongholds, saw unprecedented slaughter of the AfriKan people - forced labor, mass murder, mutilation, and starvation, etc - **The Afrikaans people are those in South Africa who were responsible for Apartheid. They are also found in Namibia. They are the descendants of Dutch colonists and were Lutherans! The Afrikaans people did not colonize the Congo. I’ve read about the Congo “King Leopold’s Ghost” about the King of Belgium who took up the colony to glorify himself. I have no idea what the connection is to Catholics other than the French-speaking part is Catholic and the Flemish part is generally Protestant.

It seems as though this person is given to conspiracy and hear-say. None of this is documented!

Thanks! That helps a lot! :slight_smile:

[quote=Oren]Someone wrote this to me, what would you think of it if someone had written it to you? And what should i respond?

[/quote]

What would I think? I would conclude that this person is an ignorant fool who has allowed his mind to become poisoned by vicious propaganda.

What would I respond? I’d tell him to go out and get a life. Getting an education wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Eden, he explained it like this:

"…one of them, I think Pius was an advocator in the kidnapping of jewish children and moreso anti-semetism in general. "

–come on, EVERYONE knows of this specific case. And it was PIUS Xii. I mean, I can get EVEN 1 kid’s freakin name. **This whole concept shouldn’t be alien to you…, when the jewish parents were unfortunately executed…and the kids were still around…living, what DO YOU THINK happened to many of them (thousands) when upon their rescue??? **By the way, 1 of the biggest cases in europe involved the kidnapping of Edgardo Mortare (or Mortara.sp check) of Bologna., if you are any type of religious or history buff, YOU WOULD KNOW that EUROPE went into a practically nation-wide PROTEST once they became aware of the 6 year old’s unfortunate dilemma. Some Catholic priests, nuns, etc…helped these children…, rescued them, showed them love…etc…during WWII, and some of them thought they were helping out, but…there were also bigger plans in the minds of bigger people. And to think of it, while we’re at it, perhaps the church should publish some detailed data about their findings.–

You are right that it is hard to know what he is talking about a lot of times.

The reason I got involved in this ‘debate’ is that it is not a religious forum at all. He asked a seemingly innocent question in a ‘political’ forum, and I explained some stuff about the history of the Church. He then responded with that list of things I copied exactly as he wrote it. It upset me because it was out of nowhere, and was clearly inaccurate in a lot of what it was saying. And very anti Catholic and hateful. I wanted to respond so that everyone else on the forum could be informed it was in fact inaccurate (mostly).

This is what my Goomba buddies call a “reversal”–hiding what you have done by attacking others first.

Difficult to handle. Start mentioning what is being hidden you give ammo to the charges against you (or your side). Those on the attack expect you to do that and have responses ready. After all, they are the experts on what they want people not to know.

Hilaire Belloc wrote about this. He was one of the last people to get away unscathed when he did, with facts, show that history is not as one sided as we are led to believe.

yeah he claimed it wasn’t his opinion but just some ‘information’ he wanted to ‘drop’ or whatever. Needless to say I’m skeptical. When I responded and said his information was a bunch of **** he got all offended at that. He said cyptically that if he really wanted to show all his knowledge on the subject he could and that it would blind me or something to that effect. He also called me zealous and all sort of other things. It was strange. I think he may have been offended because I said I knew a lot about Church history and have studied it for almost 3 years in response to someone else. He sarcastically called me ‘oh omniscient one’. I told him that I never said I knew everything or was even an expert. It was just…strange and kind of out of nowhere. I think you guys may be right about him being…unbalanced in some way…but I still wanted to get the right info up there for anyone else who wanted to know. So thanks for helping me.

oh, that bleeped out word there starts with a C not an S…i always forget this forum bleeps that word (?)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.