ACLU says Bush is Restricting Science

Hey, this is a tough issue. What do you think??

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050621/ap_on_sc/limiting_science_1

[quote=jlw]Hey, this is a tough issue. What do you think??

[/quote]

I think the ACLU is setup to promote hedonism. What do you think?

[quote=gilliam]I think the ACLU is setup to promote hedonism. What do you think?
[/quote]

After a brief :ehh: and then:hmmm: I hafta say :frowning: …YEP.

The ACLU is looney. They make little or no sense.

There are thousands of scientists working away freely in my home town alone. And what does contraception have to do with it? I know what it has to do with the ACLU. Global warming? Get a grip people.

What is the American Civil Liberties Union doing getting involved in what foreigners are allowed to do? They’re obviously not Americans and are not constitutionally entitled to all the rights and privileges of US citizens, so why is the ACLU concerned?

[quote=geezerbob]What is the American Civil Liberties Union doing getting involved in what foreigners are allowed to do? They’re obviously not Americans and are not constitutionally entitled to all the rights and privileges of US citizens, so why is the ACLU concerned?
[/quote]

Because the ACLU are not Americans in spirit.

Still, even in my distrust of the ACLU, I still think that debating the power and scope of what the government deems acceptable or inside it’s “juristiction” is important.

sigh

They may be right, they may be wrong. One thing is for sure…the ACLU is a lot like unions: they used to be worth something.

-Justin

[quote=gilliam]I think the ACLU is setup to promote hedonism. What do you think?
[/quote]

I have a hard time taking anything the Anti Civil Liberities Union says or does seriously. I mean, what credibility can be given to an organization that attacks the Boy Scouts with a vengeance, but defends the pedophiles at a Man-Boy Love organization?

I’m not sure what Bush is doing in regards to science. I’ll go read the article now (yes, I’ve shamefully commented without doing my homework), but I wanted to post a hunch before I actually read it–the very fact that they ACLU is criticizing someone can serve as nearly irrefutable proof that the person is doing something right.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/270/1626/320/ACLU%20(2).jpg

[quote=jlw]Still, even in my distrust of the ACLU, I still think that debating the power and scope of what the government deems acceptable or inside it’s “juristiction” is important.
[/quote]

Sure it is. But I’m not going to debate it with radical communist-oriented moraly depraved godless pushing institutions that are corrupting school children around the country. When they come within a space shuttle trip to the middle, then I may debate with them.

It seems they all I hear is to let everyone do what they want. That is civil liberty. If it makes you happy, it’s okay. If it doesn’t hurt anyone (besides someone other than yourself) than it shouldn’t be prevented. Hogwash, poppycock, b.s., garbage and non-sense.

to the ACLU - Someone has already told me right and wrong…guess who!

[quote=Zachary]It seems they all I hear is to let everyone do what they want. That is civil liberty. If it makes you happy, it’s okay. If it doesn’t hurt anyone (besides someone other than yourself) than it shouldn’t be prevented. Hogwash, poppycock, b.s., garbage and non-sense.

to the ACLU - Someone has already told me right and wrong…guess who!
[/quote]

If only it WERE that way. But the ACLU is about RESTRICTING freedom when it comes to religion. They are like ravenous animals in trying to prevent children from hearing about faith.

true, Brad. I should say let the faithless do as they wish because religion is an impossion against free will. and because we have free will we should be free to do what we want, except be faithful and teach morals and truth despite free will being a creation (and gift, I might add) of God.

Where do I join this ACLU club? They sound like the kind of people who should be teaching my son his letters

[quote=jlw]Hey, this is a tough issue. What do you think??

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050621/ap_on_sc/limiting_science_1
[/quote]

I think the ACLU is a communist/anti-Christianity organization that will say/do anything to promote it’s evil agenda.

[quote=Zachary]true, Brad. I should say let the faithless do as they wish because religion is an impossion against free will. and because we have free will we should be free to do what we want, except be faithful and teach morals and truth despite free will being a creation (and gift, I might add) of God.

Where do I join this ACLU club? They sound like the kind of people who should be teaching my son his letters
[/quote]

No, no. I think you mean the YMCA. Much better choice.

Well, some alphabet club, anyway. I thought the HRCC was the place to be, but the world is telling me otherwise. I guess they are right - just because God created everything, what gives Him the right to decide right and wrong?

[quote=Zachary]Well, some alphabet club, anyway. I thought the HRCC was the place to be, but the world is telling me otherwise. I guess they are right - just because God created everything, what gives Him the right to decide right and wrong?
[/quote]

Sarcasm???

[quote=mikworld]unions: they used to be worth something.
[/quote]

Not trying to hijack this thread, but your extreme comment jumped out at me.

They still are. Just look to the fruit picking industry in California as one example of where a union was necessary and effective, and where, if the unions went under, you’d see de facto slavery again.

Okay, back to the ACLU.

[quote=jlw]Sarcasm???
[/quote]

Yep. I like it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.