Act of contrition in Latin

Does anyone know if there is a video of someone saying the Act of Contrition in Latin on the web. I have the words but don’t know how to pronounce all of them.

Annie

There are several versions per recent thread.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=859755

Meaning no disrespect, but if it’s a language you aren’t familiar with, why do you feel a need to express sorrow to God in that language?

Thank you much.

I can’t speak for the OP, but there are some prayers that speak to my heart more in Latin (which is mystical and supernatural sounding to a simple heart, I think. I’ve heard of children calling it the “angel’s talk.”) and it works both ways. Sometimes to put my heart into my rosary I just need to pray it in Latin. Can’t explain it.

Well, there is a reason, and I could tell you if its really important to you but I’m more interested in knowing what difference it makes to you ie why do you care?

Annie

I didn’t find a video there did I miss something? In case anyone else reads this, an audio would do as well.

Try this site:

boston-catholic-journal.com/basic-catholic-prayers-in-latin-and-english-in-audio-format.htm#ACTUS_CONTRITIONIS_

Right click to save file either under IE or Firefox; this should create an MP3 on your desktop or wherever you wish to save it. It worked for me so I hope you will have the same luck.

Excellent. Thank you

Any prayers said in Latin are said in union with all the saints in time who too prayed in Latin. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.