Acts of the Apostles

I seems to me in the early chapters of the Acts of the Apostles a great number of Jewish people accepted the Messiah.

Yes…thats what is says…

:yup:

That is because Acts of the Apostles follows the general outline given by Jesus himself about the spread of his kingdom.

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Sama’ria and to the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8)

The spread of the Kingdom is an ever widening circle starting in Jerusalem with the Jews first, then extending to Judea and the “Lost sheep”, remnants of the ten lost tribes of Israel in Samaria, and then the rest of the world.

-Tim-

Yes…because God didn’t want them to convert en mass until after the death of Christ.

As for me, that is a really, really important point.

I am sure that there are many different schools of interpretation, but how do historians judge it?

THANKS!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.