ACTS - what’s it all about?

What happens at an ACTS Retreat?

i don’t know; but here is a “link” that may be helpful

http://retreats.actsmissions.org/

Blockquote An ACTS Retreat is a parish-based event which offers parishioners an opportunity to experience the love of Jesus Christ. This in turn fosters a desire for intentional discipleship.

ACTS Retreats are given by parishioners for parishioners, and in this way, serve to build Christian community at a parish.

The ACTS Retreat begins Thursday evening and ends with Sunday Mass in the parish. While utilizing prayer, service, and teaching, the ACTS Retreat meets people where they are in their spiritual journey and invites them to experience God in a manner that is both personal and communal.

Blockquote

The acronym stands for:

Adoration

A response to God’s love through prayer and worship

Community

Participating in the One Body of Christ as Church

Theology

Deepening our relationship with God in order to better fulfill His will

Service

Answering the call to discipleship by following the model He gave us

@JackMcCoy, you started another thread on the same subject just two weeks ago. It looks as though your query was fully answered then. What went wrong?

I can’t seem to make up my mind whether to take the offer to attend a retreat or not.
Since I have have no definitive feelings, I will likely not go.
If I were meant to go, I believe I would have received some sort of indication in my heart and soul.
I guess I am repeating myself here seeking some sort of sign or answer to confirm what I should do.
Maybe I will go to the next retreat in the springtime.
I will continue to pray on the matter. :pray:

@JackMcCoy, it may be your conscience that is telling you to go. Many of us find excuses not to go. I was the same way, I put it off for several years until I finally went. I was too busy, or the timing wasn’t right, or there was something going on at work, etc. I finally listened to my conscience, and I had a very enriching and inspiring experience.

And did you enjoy the experience? What was it like?

I did enjoy the experience, and I grew from the experience. I understand now why many of those who have gone are so enthusiastic and encouraging about others going, and why they come back as team members. I am a better person and a better Catholic for having gone.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.