Acute Vision Impairment from a New Drug

Hello my Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Well, as Rosanne Rosannadanna from Saturday Night Live once said, “It’s always something.”

I have been doing well with my weight loss. I still have a very long way to go but since the doctor at the eating disorder hospital put me on this drug “Topomax”, I have truly started to lose weight.

The only problem is that one of the side effects of this drug can be vision problems and even blindness.

No one told me this.

It is really hard to see to even type this today.

Everything is getting blurry and it hurts so much around both my eyes to keep my eyes open – or even shut. Like a pressure inside my eye.

The main purpose of the drug is to treat epilepsy and migraines. It can also be used to treat mood disorders and nerve pain. A secondary or “off label” use is weight loss.

Anyway, my vision has always been outstanding 20/16 – until 4 days ago.

Now I have great eye pain all the time as my eyes are also always red and it has only increased since I have been off this drug for 4 days. I can no longer read very small print (I am now farsight-ed).

Tomorrow morning first thing the eye doctor wants to say me.

It just got really bad today.

Please PLEASE pray for me tonight – that I will be fine.

I just cannot believe this – with all that has happened this year – but I am trying to think of people with far greater crosses than I – like so many of you – and I offer it up for you.

I just ask that you pray that I will not lose my vision. Everything hurts so much and is just getting blurrier.

The doctor said it might be the start of acute narrow angle glaucoma.

I am really scared.

As always I am praying for all readers and posters to this site and offering this cross up for you.

Please remember me in prayer for tomorrow.

Thank you so much.

St. Rita of Cascia and St. Jude, please pray for us.

VitoJoseph

Hi VitoJoseph , so sorry to hear for your eye problems , beside the other health problems . Heavenly Father, bless VitoJoseph , let there be nothing seriously wrong with his eyes and the doctor be able to help him .
I’m about to pray chaplet of the Holy Wounds , may Jesus , our Divine Healer grant you a complete recovery from all your health problems , through intercession of blessed Saint Lucy, Patroness of all eye problems .
In the Holy Name Jesus , Amen

Praying for you eyes to heal. Praying for Doctors treating you. Hope your doing better soon. Christ’s Peace!

St. Lucy, please intercede on behalf of VitoJoseph.

[FONT=Georgia]***†JMJTJ†***

You will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you †
[/FONT]

prayers for you…

kate

Praying for you my Friend…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I will join the others who are requesting St Lucy’s intercession for you, VitoJoseph.

PRAYER IN HONOUR OF ST. LUCY
(Patron of eye ailments.)

Relying on your goodness, O God,
we humbly ask You,
through the intercession of St. Lucy, virgin and martyr,
to give perfect vision to our eyes,
that they may serve for Your greater honour and glory.
St. Lucy, hear our prayers,
and obtain our petitions.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english2/p00567.htm

:signofcross:

Thank you so much for your prayers.

The eye doctor rules out the beginnings of narrow angle glaucoma but ordered me off these bad medications.

My eyes still hurt an awful lot and are very blurry.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

VitoJoseph

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.