Ad for Die Hard Movie

While driving my daughter to school this morning, I saw an ad for the new “Die Hard” movie on the side of a public bus.

It read in huge capital letters: “Yippie Kay Yay Mo—” The rest was made to appear like it had been cut off.

That was bad enough, but at the bottom right hand corner, in smaller letters was this: “John 6:27” as if this were a quote from the Bible.

I realize that’s the date the movie premiers, but don’t you think this is going way, way too far?

(BTW, John 6:27 actually reads “Do not work for food that perishes but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him the Father, God, has set his seal.”)

Yeah I really dislike it when films are publicised that way. There was a bible quote used to promote the last Hannibal Lector film, something about eating babies of the victims or something like that. Then I saw a promo for the new Rambo film on another forum I visit, and there was a voice in the background reciting the prayer of St Francis whilst Rambo is seen on screen murdering people.

I do wonder why they don’t read a quote from the Koran? Is it because they know how the Muslim faithful would react? I don’t condone violent reaction but it’s a shame Christians don’t let it go sometimes. Let people know our faith, and prayers, and the Bible, are not to be used to promote their rubbish.

Since I think the original Die Hard was one of the best action films ever, I will avoid this one. Sequels are never as good and this one looks to be WAY over the top.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.