Ad orientem posture in the Novus Ordo Mass

Right-- they arn’t parish churches. The Hagia Sophia is different. It actually had an apse built in unlike these churches. Of course, since 1453, its been a Mosque. :-/

Did it have one? Well, that goes to show how looking at pics online can be a very limited approach. BTW, I may be wrong, but I think it has actually been a museum for a number of years now. Not what it should be of course, but at least it isn’t a mosque. Or at least I don’t think it is. :slight_smile:

Patrick

EDIT: He he, I suppose I didn’t do a good job in the first place, even with limited online pics. I just did a quick search and I notice not only did it have an apse, it isn’t round inside. :blush: Maybe next time I will do better.

Well its sort of circular. Maybe squarish. :slight_smile:

Yes, its been a museum since the secularization of Turkey in the 30s with Ataturk.

Perhaps if I squint real tight, and tip my head back just so… :smiley:

Patrick

No it is not permissable to face people in EF

Yes the NO rubrics still have the priest using versus deum posture

It is not just acceptable, it is the norm. Read the rubrics and note the places e.g. Ecce Agnus Dei where the priest is instructed to turn and face the people.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.