Adam and Eve

A friend recently asked me if Adam and Eve are in Heaven, and I did not have an answer.
Does anybody out there have any idea.

[quote=robin hood]A friend recently asked me if Adam and Eve are in Heaven, and I did not have an answer.
Does anybody out there have any idea.
[/quote]

We don’t know. Canonized saints are the only people we know are in heaven. Besides that, we don’t know who is in heaven and who is in hell.

From what I recall, Adam and Eve are said to have never sinned again after being kicked out of Eden, so their punishment was to live in an imperfect world and they paid for it. There is also the possibility that Adam and Eve were freed from their graves after Christ’s death along with everyone else. Supposedly, a legend has it that Mount Golgotha is the spot where Adam was buried, and Christ, the new Adam was crucified over him. Don’t rightly know, but like we know Moses and Abraham are in heaven (we see them at the transfiguration, we can suppose Adam is as well. I don’t know if we ever refer to the Jewish patriarchs as Saints or ever canonized them. It is only Christians that are canonized.

Adam’s feast day is on December 19. The Church proclaimed him a saint. Yes, St. Adam. For he was the first father. Eve, was the first mother. She would’ve gained graces for being the first mother, also wife of Adam.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.