Adding words during the elevation

I was hoping to get an answer to a question I have. There is a priest in our parish who during the elevation of our Lords precious body… he is supposed to say; “This is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world happy are those who are called to His supper”…instead he says: "This is Jesus, the Son of God and the son of Mary who died for us to take away our sins, happy are those who are called to His supper"
Can he add to what it says in the sacramentary? I know that he cannot add or subtract anything in the Eucharistic Prayers, but this is part of the Communion Rite. If not where exactly can I find this

Can you please tell me if adding the words in this case is
acceptable???

This is a liturgical abuse. The recent document, Redemptionis Sacramentum (RS), addresses this: “The reprobated practice by which Priests, Deacons or the faithful here and there alter or vary at will the texts of the Sacred Liturgy that they are charged to pronounce, must cease. For in doing thus, they render the celebration of the Sacred Liturgy unstable, and not infrequently distort the authentic meaning of the Liturgy” (RS 59).

For instruction on correcting liturgical abuses see *Redemptionis Sacramentum’s * Chapter VIII, “REMEDIES”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.