Adelson: US should drop atomic bomb on Iran

NEW YORK – During a panel at Yeshiva University on Tuesday evening, Sheldon Adelson, noted businessman and owner of the newspaper Israel Hayom, suggested that the US should use nuclear weapons on Iran to impose its demands from a position of strength.

Asked by moderator Rabbi Shmuley Boteach whether the US should negotiate with Iran if it were to cease its uranium enrichment program, Adelson retorted, “What are we going to negotiate about?” *
[LIST]
]Adelson then imagined what might happen if an American official were to call up an Iranian official, say “watch this,” and subsequently drop a nuclear bomb in the middle of the Iranian desert.
[/LIST]
“Then you say, ‘See! The next one is in the middle of Tehran. So, we mean business. You want to be wiped out? Go ahead and take a tough position and continue with your nuclear development. You want to be peaceful? Just reverse it all, and we will guarantee you that you can have a nuclear power plant for electricity purposes, energy purposes’,” Adelson said.

jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/Adelson-US-should-drop-atomic-bomb-on-Iran-329641

This is a man who gives mega-millions to the Republican Party. It is absolutely frightening to think that Adelson would’ve had President Romney’s ear.

It’s important to see who he backs in the next race. Although, I doubt too many will want to get in a picture with him. But I have been surprised before What a guy!

This is beyond stupid. Any study of the declassified military literature knows the answer to as yet undisclosed, and likely never to be disclosed, classified problems with Iran. Without going into specific detail, it is already possible to severely cripple Iran’s nuclear sites with nonconventional weapons that are not nuclear. Twenty-four hour strikes on certain sites using certain weapons would produce the same end result. That is all assuming the Israelis have intelligence that cannot and should not be made public, along with the US.

Peace,
Ed

He is talking like an Iranian politician with suggestions like that.

Do people really still talk like that?

I sincerely doubt that Mitt Romney would have launched an unprovoked nuclear attack. :rolleyes:

Such an assertion bleeds ignorance of military science and modern foreign policy.

I really hope this isn’t yet another attempt by someone living in the First World to justify voting for anti-Catholic politicians for their own selfish gain. :rolleyes:

And did you even the context of what you posted? Before Japan was bombed, an unpopulated area was bombed and the Japanese were warned, but they thought it was a trick.

Your post does not do Adelson’s comment justice and borders on **misrepresentation and slander. **

Remember that in your next examination of conscience.

What if it’s Hilary?

You’d still vote for her though, right?

Although, I doubt too many will want to get in a picture with him. But I have been surprised before What a guy!

Didn’t even read the entire post, did you?

:tsktsk:

Don’t confuse the entire Republican Party with this moneylender and the Zionist Neo-Cons who do the bidding of his type.

I know that many responsible Republicans are trying to separate themselves from this type of thing. I hope that their voices grow louder. Otherwise, the party may be doomed.

Aside from the Church’s teaching on the use of weapons of mass destruction, there speaks the voice of a true liberal. We have a President who advocates allowing aborted babies, born alive, to perish unaided in hiden places ( in closets where no one can hear them crying). We have an HHS secretary who has written into law that all Americans must contribute to abortions and contraception paractices through their Health Care Plans, that forces millions of Americans to indirectly participate in grave moral evil. We have an IRS that intimidates and threatens anyone who opposes the President. We have a Homland Security Agency that has declared pro-life activists, patriates, former military persons, tea party members as nationl security threats. We have a military structure that has repeatedly attempted to intimidate and/or punish Chaplins for performing their duties.

And who has the immediate ear of this President, every left wing radical leader in the country, especially those connnected with the Chicago Tides Foundation and Acorn, etc.

Yeh, our real problem is a couple of loud mouthed Republican supporters.

Linus2nd

I saw the video yesterday, so I know what he said. If you suggest that people are lining up to get in the picture with him, I defer to your knowledge. it doesn’t seem like a prudent move since he is under investigation for money laundering.
Somehow, I don’t see him endorsing Hilary; but as I stated, I could be wrong.

I don’t think this has anything to do with Republican vs. Democrat. Both parties as so far off the right track it isn’t even funny.

I think this has to do with a guy who doesn’t know how to problem solve, doesn’t think about action/reaction, and simply doesn’t understand you use that sort of force as an absolute last resort. I am all for the destruction of evil, but dropping a nuke on them will certainly result in the massive collateral damage of people who have no choice, just as it did in Japan. There are all sorts of ways to justify an action like this, but as I said, last resort, not first or twentieth…last.

There are irrational people everywhere. I would not put much stock in what he has to say when he talks this way.

Have you heard? There is no Acorn.

Let’s hope we never elect a president crazy enough to drop an atomic bomb on anyone. No one can win an all out nuclear war.

I grew up back in the days when some people still thought using nuclear weapons was a real option. As far as I know, sometime in the 1980’s the world realized nuclear weapons can never be used. All kinds of movies were made about this.

Maybe Adelson should be tied in a chair, and forced to watch those movies about what would happen if there was a nuclear war. I especially recommend a 1983 film called War Games!

Jeremiah Wright had Obama’s ear (and heart) for 20 years, but now the people around us suddenly matter?

I think they are both nuts, for the record. One seems to hate Iran, the other seems to hate white America.

Who said God doesn’t listen?

acorn.org/

R.I.P.

Who said God doesn’t listen?

acorn.org/

R.I.P.

War Games was a goofy teenage-hacker movie. Methinks “The Day After” ( same time period) would get the point across better.

ICXC NIKA

So says the party of so-called “gay marriage”, abortion on demand, free contraception funded by religious people and feminism.

I find all these lectures on the GOP dying most fascinating.

Prominent Iranians have mused of how it will only take a few atomic bombs to put a small country like Israel out of commission.

Otherwise, not really. With the demise of the Soviet Union, nuclear weapons and the doom of the human race through nuclear holocaust are no longer much in the consciousness of most of us.

Well, we certainly would get Iran’s ear with that approach–though granted that might be because Akmi-nut-job’s ear would land in your back yard----:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.