Admitting the inevitable: Gibbs says Democrats could lose House

Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s chief spokesman says it’s possible that Democrats could lose their majority in the House this fall.

Press secretary Robert Gibbs says there’s no doubt that enough seats are in play for Republicans to take control. Gibbs says the outcome of the fall vote will depend on whether Democrats wage strong campaigns.

Gibbs is echoing points that Obama has made political fundraisers this summer — that GOP apologies to oil giant BP and complaints about tighter Wall Street rules show how Republicans would govern.

google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iGp8jzk4pJyawzEXFnuwO5C5vBMQD9GSVIP80

That would be a good thing. One party holding all the cards is not good for the USA.
Too bad it didn’t happen before the heath care spending bill got passed.

[quote="Maverick, post:2, topic:204957"]
That would be a good thing. One party holding all the cards is not good for the USA.
Too bad it didn't happen before the heath care spending bill got passed.

[/quote]

Agreed, its much better to have balance; that way both parties are forced to sit down and compromise.

I must say though, that I'd welcome a third major party into politics; I don't trust the existing two major parties to look out for the best interests of Americans.

A president from either party and a House from the other would be a good thing. Neither the Progressives nor the Conservatives would have their own way, and would be forced to compromise, to the good of the nation IMO.

I don’t care who has control of what, Democrat or Republican.

As long as they are all conservative and abide by the Constitution. :smiley:

[quote="bbarrick8383, post:5, topic:204957"]
I don't care who has control of what, Democrat or Republican.

As long as they are all conservative and abide by the Constitution. :D

[/quote]

If you can find a conservative Democrat, I will give you my pet dodo bird!

Ben Nelson of Nebraska.

A lifetime ACU rating of 47% is hardly conservative. And don’t forget his votes on the PPACA.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.