Adopt-A-Non-Catholic-Poster

Has anyone considered something along these lines? I have several thoughts/questions/musings that run through my head about Catholisism and Christianity, but a) I don’t want to be a board hog and b) if I don’t understand something and “push the point”, it may come across as arguing or disrespect, and I don’t want that. This is more of a community board than a debate board, which limits a certain amount of back and forth, even if you don’t want to debate.

I would love to have a person or a place I could ask some hard questions, and not be at risk of offending someone who didn’t understand my intentions, or violationg the user agreement by questioning the Catholic word.

I’m coming off of a lond standing stint as an agnostic, and have MANY questions! Is there such a place on the web??

This IS a place to ask all the questions you like. Go on, go ahead… they won’t bite here!

Ask, ask, ask! That is what Catholic Answers is here for. We don’t mind. Really! Sharing the faith is something we like to do - that is why we are here.

Sometimes we have questions that might seem hard to phrase charitably, or you are afraid to ask because you are not sure about offending…

If and when you have any questions you want to ask rather “bluntly”, feel free to private message or email me at any time. I have heard them all before, and none of them bother me. I know I do not have all the answers, but I am familiar with a lot of good reseources where we can find a lot of answers.

Welcome to the journey!

If you want to adopt me,

My next surgery will be August 17 for a torn rotator cuff, torn cartilage and bone spurs in my shoulder. On September 15th, I will be 51 years old. During the last few years I have been unemployed due to care giving responsibilities and due to health problems. My Grand Mother recently moved to heaven. I have been the care giver for my Grand Mother, Mother and Uncle.

In the last few years I have had surgery for Cancer, gout and degenerative bone disease. Last Christmas, my Cancer returned and was treated with radiation.

I like studying scripture to make sense of things. I think God is working out II Peter 1, “making one’s salvation sure” in my life.

I have been sharing our Lord online and off-line with anyone who will listen. I seem to attract hard cases like those in “cults” like the Christadelphians.

I am hoping that you all will help me get the following books to use for bible study free of charge. I attend house churches for those with medical needs which can not attend a normal church congregational setting.

Thank You

[Moderator Note: Removed personal information]

P.S. here is the list of tools I am asking God for,

Any good exegetical bible commentaries,

Pauline Christology: An Exegetical-Theological Study by: Gordon D. Fee

Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament, Volumes 1-15 set Edited By: G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren, Heinz-Josef Fabry

Theological Lexicon Set of the New Testament Edited By: Ceslas Spicq

Analytical Key to the Old Testament on CD-ROM or 4 volume set By: John Joseph Owens

Theological Lexicon of the Old Testament Biddle, Mark E.; Jenni, Ernst

14 Volume Set of the Soncino Bible

Hebrew Grammar

The Complete Parallel Bible with the Apocryphal / Deuterocanonical Books

Ancient Traditions of the Virgin Mary’s Dormition and Assumption by Shoemaker, Stephen

The Lord’s Anointed: Interpretation of Old Testament Messianic Texts edited by R.S. Hess, G.J. Wenham, P.E. Satterhwaite eds

New Interpreter’s Study Bible Hc New Revised Standard Version with Apocrypha

International Critical Commentary Series CD-ROM - T&T Clark Int’l (53 Volumes)
logos.com/products/details/1906

Ancient Near Eastern Thought & the Old Testament - Introducing the Conceptual World of the Hebrew Bible by John H Walton

A Translation of the Old Testament Scriptures from the Original Hebrew by Helen Spurrell

The Old Testament Canon of the New Testament church by Roger Beckwith

Greek Lexicon Liddell Scott

The Twenty-four books of the Holy Scriptures Isaac Lesser

Cover to Cover Complete Hughes Selwyn

Alan Dale Bible

New Testament by Nicholas King

Great Book: The New Testament of Our Lord Jesus Christ in Plain English

Christian Community Bible

Paul, the Spirit, and the People of God by Gordon D. Fee

The Modern Language Bible(New Berkeley)

Seamless Gospels Roller Charles

The Voice of Matthew Lauren Winner

The Voice of Luke Brian McLaren

Plain English Bible: 160 Selected Passages Newly Translated
Donald Melvin, H.J. Richards

The New Testament in Scots Stuart Jamie

Gospel of John: Adventures in English Dale and Elaine Rhoton

The One All Age Bible: Acts, After the Man the Mission, Michael Forster, Katherine Laidler

The One All Age Bible Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John Michael, Forster, Katherine Laidler

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.