Adoration and Adoration Services

I have a couple questions regarding what’s allowed and not.

My church is starting adoration, still in the formative stages. I have “heard” that it is OK for a Eucharistic Minister to expose and repose the Eucharist (with some sort of rite). Does anyone know if this is true and where I can find it in official Church documents? I’ve actually heard both it is and it isn’t OK, so I’ll have to produce documentation.

As part of the early process, we are having a Holy Hour on Thursdays, as suggested by the PJP2EA.org website. Our parish has only a deacon irregularly available for this service. When he is available, he does exposition, Benediction and reposition. When he is not, a member of the laity leads a prayer service in front of the tabernacle. It was asked if on the days we pray in front of the tabernacle, would it be OK to have the tabernacle open, again by a Eucharistic Minister. Please again provide Church docs.

Thanks.

A Eucharistic minister can expose and repose the blessed sacrament, but they cannot do benediction. As for the rite of that I do not know the exact procedure.

matt

Thanks, but how do you know from Church sources?

[quote=marty1818]A Eucharistic minister can expose and repose the blessed sacrament, but they cannot do benediction. As for the rite of that I do not know the exact procedure.

matt
[/quote]

Just to clarify on what I had typed for anyone reading this forum, I meant extraordinary minister of holy communion, not Eucharistic minister. The priest is the only minister of the Eucharist.

matt

Check out this website. Part 91 talks about your question.

fargodiocese.org/EducationFormation/Evangelization/Eucharist/HolyCommunionAndEucharisticWorshipOutsideOfMass.pdf

matt

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.