Adoration....i want more

Hey Y’all,

i have been going to Adoration Monday-Wednesday; my Church does not have it every day. i want more but i don’t know what to do. i can not get enough! i don’t know if this will make sense but there is “something” i should be doing. i have an appointment with my Pastor but it is for another matter. i don’t know what it is; it is a very strong feeling, a loss if you will. As a young child i wanted to become a nun, however due to also wanting to be married and the fact i was forbidden to do so by my kin i did not pursue it. Besides i have other struggles and i am now unworthy to become a nun so i left that thought alone.

i hope it was alright that i posted here, i am sorry if i should not have.

Chyna

Are there other churches around that have Adoration at different times? Maybe you could go to one of them.

It sounds like you need to talk with your priest about your prior ‘vocation change’ and doing some discernment about how to move forward. There are things you could pursue such as being an oblate, without ‘going whole hog’ to be a religious. I know several oblates who seem to be more spiritual than many religious I’ve met.

Also ask your priest if your parish could have more Adoration time.

Are there other churches around that have Adoration at different times? Maybe you could go to one of them.

Claymont79,

i know, really is not what i was saying…

It sounds like you need to talk with your priest about your prior ‘vocation change’ and doing some discernment about how to move forward. There are things you could pursue such as being an oblate, without ‘going whole hog’ to be a religious. I know several oblates who seem to be more spiritual than many religious I’ve met.

Now this was. Forgive me for asking this but how. i thought this was something i had to figure out on my own.

Chyna

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.