Adoration Questions

Last Monday was the first time I had ever been to Eucharistic Adoration and it was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I went ever day that week and never wanted to leave. Totally AMAZING. Anyway, what I’ve noticed is that when most of the people came into the chapel some got down on their knees, bent over fully and stayed in that position for 10-20 seconds. Another person went down on his knees and put his hands in a “push-up” position and lowered his head to the ground.

My question is, why not just a normal genuflect on one knee like in mass? Is it because Jesus is not in the tabernacle and is already present when one enters? If that is the case, have I offended Him? Is there a proper way to do this?

catholicforum.com/forums/showthread.php?20763-Rules-for-genuflecting

books.google.com.au/books?id=E6aBepPSKCwC&pg=PA73&lpg=PA73&dq=GIRM+No.+274+2004&source=bl&ots=mFhNXV_rvt&sig=GGz0dUneJsXmV42i6isACfM-a4o&hl=en&ei=5XrETJfIDoGycIPhsMwN&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

With respect to the genuflection: Since a genuflection is, per se, an act of adoration, the general liturgical norms no longer make any distinction between the mode of adoring Christ reserved in the tabernacle or exposed upon the altar. The simple single genuflection on one knee may be used in all cases.

However, some bishops’ conferences have voted to retain the use of the double genuflection for the Blessed Sacrament exposed, and it would be required in these countries. In this case, those who make the double genuflection kneel briefly on both knees and reverently incline the head with hands joined.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/liturgy/zlitur92.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.