Adoration vs. Tabernacle

Hey,

I was just getting kind of curious…

Why is Adoration different then Praying to Christ inside the Tabernacle… If it is even different.

I mean, there is a Church I can go to with Adoration most days of the week, or I can stay at my School Chapel and pray where Christ is present in the Tabernacle.
Is there a difference between these options or are they both Adoration?

Thanks for the help.

In Christ,
CC

Edit
Sorry bout the title… Not the most descriptic and could be a little insulting… Not thinkin much tonite :stuck_out_tongue:

Adoration is really personal. Jesus is looking at you and you are looking at Him. Something I have noticed a couple of times is that when I go to pray at adoration and I’m really close to the Blessed Sacrament in the monstrance my heart will beat at an incredible rate for the first couple of minutes. You can still adore the Lord when He is present in the tabernacle, but for me adoration is feels more personal.

matt

It is only a sign for the sake of us who use all of our senses to help come to a deeper relation with God.

It converted me.

I’d been a Protestant for many years (see my post in the Liturgical Abuses thread), and had decided to pop into my local Catholic church (first time I’d gone into one in about 15 years) to see what it was like. They were having Adoration; I knelt down, and it was being hit over the head with a hammer - that was Jesus, and I was forced to recognise Him. After about 15 minutes, I left, knowing I had to become a Catholic.

Sue

[quote=CatholicCid]…there is a Church I can go to with Adoration most days of the week, or I can stay at my School Chapel and pray where Christ is present in the Tabernacle.
Is there a difference between these options or are they both Adoration?..
[/quote]

Both of these are situations in which one might engage in Eucharistic Adoration. Please take advantage of whichever option works best for you. This may include using both places for Adoration at different times.

Alright, thanks for the answers… I just wasn’t sure if there was any majority difference.

[quote=Joseph Bilodeau]Both of these are situations in which one might engage in Eucharistic Adoration. Please take advantage of whichever option works best for you. This may include using both places for Adoration at different times.
[/quote]

That I plan to do… It’s just I can attend the Chapel during my Lunch hour to pray then that got me wondering… what’s the diff.
:thumbsup:

I hope this isn’t too… “adult”, but its how I’ve always imagined it as the difference between normal relations with one’s spouse, or having relations with your spouse when you’re deaf and blind. HIs presence to you is fully revealed and complete, giving you the grace to fully participate in your prayer more completely.

Josh

When I see Jesus in the monstrance, I think, how a God, the God makes Himself so small, fragil, and totally of service to me. He comes hidden in the host. He is so humble. Who can love that much to be with us in such a simple yet most intimate way? I do not see Him but I see and feel most deeply.

The Fatima children often spoke of the hidden Jesus. Though they did not see Him they longed to be before Him and to receive Him. Children get it!

Seeing is believing.

Another image comes to mind of Moses going into the tent where the Ark of the Covenant was present. When he came out he had to have his head covered because the people just couldn't look at him. He shone with the glory of God.

Going before the Tabernacle vs. Adoration? Either is desirable but when the opportunity for adoration exists I take it, hands down. We are a sensual people hungering for intimacy! We hunger for our God in communion and in adoration! :)

I find Adoration a very powerful way of praying to the lord

: In nomine Patris, + et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.
Introibo ad altare Dei. R: Ad deum qui laetificat juventutem meam.

Jesus is present in either case.

There is a church near my school where I sometimes go and sit before I have to be at work. Jesus is in the tabernacle, but I can approach the tabernacle, stand there in prayer. Or kneel. Or bow down before him. Or just sit in the dark church in his presence.

It is pretty awesome. Take whatever is available.

Jesus waits.

Why is Adoration different then Praying to Christ inside the Tabernacle... If it is even different.

During Adoration the Most Blessed Sacrament is more visible to the faithful and can thus give raise to additional devotion while Eucharistic Benediction may be given to the congregation at the end of the practice. Locations of and conduct as to tabernacles is regulated by the 1983 Code of Canon Law (Cann. 938, 940) while monstrances are more portable and can used in connection with processions like Corpus Christi. Adoration may be more suitable for public expositions of numerous attendants in case the tabernacle is maintained in a smaller location. A reason to practice both devotions is that according to Bl. Henry Suso O.P. (c. 1300-1366) Christ hears our prayers more graciously in the Holy Eucharist than elsewhere.

I cannot believe that someone, "newbie" or otherwise, revived a thread that is over 7 years old!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.