adult baptism

I am a catholic practicing, non-catholic (My father was catholic and I was raised this was but not baptised). I would like to know since my husband and I have baptised both my sons, if I can be baptised as an adult?

This is kind of confusing. If you are not baptised, you are not, technically, a Catholic, even though you may have been attending Mass. It is also unclear how the Church would allow your children to be baptised if you and your husband haven’t been. I recommend you contact your nearest parish and inquire into their RCIA program. Good luck, and may God bless you on your journey.

[quote=THall317]I am a catholic practicing, non-catholic (My father was catholic and I was raised this was but not baptised). I would like to know since my husband and I have baptised both my sons, if I can be baptised as an adult?
[/quote]

Yes, anyone who has not been baptized may seek baptism as an adult. If you wish to become Catholic and be baptized in the Catholic Church, you will probably need to attend RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) classes. Contact your local parish office about this.

[quote=THall317]I am a catholic practicing, non-catholic (My father was catholic and I was raised this was but not baptised). I would like to know since my husband and I have baptised both my sons, if I can be baptised as an adult?
[/quote]

I will also note that adults under normal circumstances are only Baptized at the Easter Vigil each year after completing the RCIA process which is one full liturgical year. If you entered RCIA now you would possibly be Baptized at the Easter Vigil 2006.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.