Adult Bone Marrow Stem Cells Injected into Skeletal Muscle Can Repair Heart Tissue

Adult Bone Marrow Stem Cells Injected into Skeletal Muscle Can Repair Heart Tissue

BUFFALO, N.Y. – University at Buffalo researchers have demonstrated for the first time that injecting adult bone marrow stem cells into skeletal muscle can repair cardiac tissue, reversing heart failure.
Using an animal model, the researchers showed that this non-invasive procedure increased myocytes, or heart cells, by two-fold and reduced cardiac tissue injury by 60 percent.
The therapy also improved function of the left ventricle, the primary pumping chamber of the heart, by 40 percent and reduced fibrosis, the hardening of the heart lining that impairs its ability to contract, by up to 50 percent.

more…

I don’t understand why everyone is pushing embryonic stem cells when adult stems cells are the only ones *proving *to be efficacious. Is it because they are endorsed by Catholics, by chance? :hmmm: :shrug:

This world is becoming more topsy turvy every day.

…yet I do see some promise every now and then…

Probably because the media hasn’t figured out how to make money off of promoting adult stem cells. I hope the University of Buffalo’s study makes it out to all cardiologists and cardiac surgeons. This would be an incredible discovery in my eyes.

I don’t have a link for this but I have heard that it is also within reach to get other types of tissue to “revert” to stem cell form.
It does sometimes seem that there is a pro abortion (as opposed to pro choice) group out there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.