Adult Catechism

Hello again,
As i said in my last post I became distant from the church for a while but have recently became back involved.

I went through Catechism as a kid but feel I could use a brush up on the ways of the church. Im really trying to make an effort to become more involved and do things right. Do you have any suggestions on very useful books, videos, podcasts, etc. that could help renew the teachings for me and help me get back on track to where i want to be?

Thank you for the help

Are there RCIA classes in your parish? (I know you are in Portugal, I don’t know how many countries have the RCIA). If there is, perhaps you can sit in on the classes. In most places observers are welcome, even if they aren’t formally enrolled in the classes.

Also try to start studying the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Hello and welcome home. I’d recommend talking to your parish priest and asking if the parish or the diocese has a religious education program in which you can take a few classes. I would also recommend picking up a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and reading it through.

God bless.

I am terribly sorry. I have mixed you up with another poster. You are not the one from Portugal. Anyway, the mention of RCIA and the Catechism still stands.:blush:

Fr Barron’s Catholicism DVD series.

Fr Barron’s Free YouTube videos.

Word on Fire Website. Lots of articles videos and homilies.

There is a book “Rediscover Catholicism” by Matthew Kelly that would probably be perfect.

Agree.

There are a number of good sources.
You might want to get a copy of the Compendium To The Catechism Of The Catholic Church
just to get started good and then you can use the online USCCB - Catechism of the Catholic Church for reference behind that to save a couple of bucks.

Other good sources are;

[LIST]
*]Catholic Home Study Service
*]The Baltimore Catechism
*]Bible Christian Society
*]San Juan Catholic Seminars
*]A Biblical Walk Through the Mass
[/LIST]

There is a lot more but that should get you well on your way.

Welcome Home and have fun! :thumbsup:

“Straight Answers” by Father William Saunders

It’s an article series. You can just google it and get answers to a lot of questions. Every now and then he takes all his answers puts it in a book and sells it. Feel free to buy a book or two as well!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.