adultery

Will someone/anyone please reply to my question which I do not believe is offensive or that it breeches any forum rules ? once again…’'How does the Catholic Church define ‘adultery’; thank you and pax tecum

Um. I did reply. Yesterday. On your thread.

I read the answers from the previous post and they are pretty straight forward.

I’m sensing there might be a deeper question here. May I ask why are you asking this question? Did something happen that you are trying to wrap your head around?

God Bless

Dear Phil,

A little bird tells me that this has something to do with Amoris Laetitia. :slight_smile:

OP, I think that you know the definition. Why don’t you let us in on what your real question/concern is?

My apologies to the individuual who responded to my query yesterday that missed my attention…to the remaining very perceptive obvious well meaning more than likely devout catholics…i offer with all respect my sincere concerns regarding a.l…im not radical sedovantist or in any way attempting to disrespect the papacy but the fact that several prelates have in all respect formally requested clarity on this matter (to no avail) does this not bare some concern…if i ask anything that monitors suspect remotely disrespectful to holy father im suspended…this is not my intent…i realize that there are other forums which undoubtedly be less respectful but i returnrf to the sacraments a few years ago and discovered this site but in all honesty if my question goes unaddressed by the clergy on this site or if i am suspended for bringing up the subject i will have my answer…also as noted on previous posts many questions posted seem a bit toxic…my question is respectful and sincecere…thank you and pax tecum

If your question goes “unanswered” it means nothing.

First, there are not “clergy on this site” in any official capacity. This is a discussion forum, and anyone who is a member of the clergy here is simply posting as an individual not as a representative of the church and especially not CAF. There are no employees answering questions here, we are simply people. We post on threads as we choose. A member of the clergy may not even see this thread. There aren’t that many priests and deacons who post here-- maybe a dozen or so, and thousands of threads.

The only employees here take questions on “Ask the Apologist”.

You didn’t actually ask a question about AL. Don’t be disingenuous.

So what’s your question?

CCC 2380 Adultery refers to marital infidelity. When two partners, of whom at least one is married to another party, have sexual relations - even transient ones - they commit adultery. Christ condemns even adultery of mere desire. The sixth commandment and the New Testament forbid adultery absolutely. The prophets denounce the gravity of adultery; they see it as an image of the sin of idolatry.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.