Advent Missal Readings Out Of Sync

I'm using the Daily Roman Missal published by Midwest Theological Forum (7th ed, I think). I noticed yesterday and today's mass readings did not sync up with what was actually read. A friend of mine says it's becuase Advent fell late this year.

Can anyone give me some guidance as to how to follow along with the daily mass readings in my missal?

What readings did they provide yesterday and today?

I don't have their Missal -- is it possible that they have readings for the 3rd week, as well as for the 17th, 18th, etc? There's a distinction, I believe, between the readings for the weeks and the readings from the 17th onward...

Yes, it does have something to do with Dec 17. Someone from the publisher got in touch with me and said for this particular missal, the mass readings for Dec 17 through Dec 24 start on pg 78.

Yes, once December 17th hits, then you start using stuff particular to those days, no matter what day or week in Advent it is.

It is from the antiphons for Vespers from December 17th-24th where we get the great "O antiphons" which give us the verses for "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel".

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.