Advent Prayer

Today while praying at Eucharistic Adoration, I thought that we should prepare to receive Jesus during Advent because in similar fashion to the knocking on doors seeking shelter prior to His birth, Jesus may knock at the doors of our hearts and ask to be let in.

**Will He be allowed into our spirits? Or will He have to move on to knock somewhere else because He can find no shelter in us? **

He is not demanding. He accepted a humble stable as His birthplace. His birth -the most significant event in the history of all mankind- took place in a mere stable among the animals! **He will accept to come into our hearts as we are..
We must be ready to open the door to let Him in!

My past Oh, Lord, to Your Mercy;
My present, to Your Love; My future, to Your Providence!
[St. Padre Pio]

[quote="Sunflower15, post:1, topic:178959"]
Jesus may knock at the doors of our hearts and ask to be let in.

**Will He be allowed into our spirits? Or will He have to move on to knock somewhere else because He can find no shelter in us? **

[/quote]

Come Lord Jesus!
Please, abide in my heart. :gopray:

Precious Lord,

How I love you Jesus, my heart is opened to you. Please come freely into my heart, my life, my soul. Thank you for the sacraments. The sacrament of reconciliation and the gift of the Holy Eucharist. Such a gift, oh, Savior, my Jesus, my Lord. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Lord, may I prepare a dwelling place in my soul that is welcoming, warm and pure for You, my most humble, gracious King and Guest to live in. Come, Jesus, my Beloved, make Yourself a home in me and never leave. Amen.

Let us seek to welcome You, not into into the stable outhouse of our lives,
but deep within the home of our hearts and lives.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.