Advertising Nothing: London Buses to Sport Atheist Message, "There's Probably No God"

By Kathleen GilbertLONDON, UK, October 23, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In a strangely counter-intuitive use of advertising, the famous atheist professor Richard Dawkins and fellow non-believers have joined forces to plaster messages on London buses that proclaim … nothing. "There’s…

Full article…

I was going to start a thread for this… your fingers were quicker than mine.

This is way over the top! And actually quite scary to me. “Will the Son of Man find any faith at all left on the earth when HE returns?”

Here’s a couple of responses:

guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/oct/21/religion-advertising-atheistbus
Simon Barrow
Atheist evangelising?
It’s likely that the vast majority of people will be as sceptical about being sold atheism as they are about being sold belief

blogs.telegraph.co.uk/george_pitcher/blog/2008/10/21/richard_dawkins_rubbish_bus_campaign
Richard Dawkins’ rubbish bus campaign
George Pitcher

Wouldn’t you think that “humanists” could find something better to spend money on, or maybe not.

Sounds more agnostic… “probably”

There’s very little meaningful difference between a strong agnostic and a weak atheist – both positions are predicated on lack of proof. In any case, it seems to me that the more important part of the ad is the ‘stop worrying and enjoy your life’ bit :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, the Methodist response was just fabulously classy:

[quote=the Beeb]the Methodist Church said it thanked Professor Dawkins for encouraging a “continued interest in God”
[/quote]

While I do not support this I can imagine the luke warm believer being compelled to respond…in support of God. " My little sister bugged me but no one ever bad mouthed her in my presence-syndrome"

Yeah, there’s hope for Dawkins yet.:smiley:

This is just silly.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.