advice and prayers

i have a professor at school whom i have grown quite close with. only thing, she is atheist/agnostic. i try to share my faith in small ways so as not to push too much. but the first time pretty much got told that eeryone can believe what they want if they don’t impose on other people. she has a lot of good qualities but i think she has great potential if she were to know god. of course, i relize that i cna’t force her at all and if i push too hard, she will most likely shut down completely. i pray about it and try to live the gospel but i don’t feel very successful with that since i sin a lot and don’t do a very good job of it.

i’m also reminded about jesus words though that if someone rejects the gospel, leave them and shake the dust from your feet.

what should i do? i feel like i will have failed if she doesn’t come to know and love him. and that maybe there is something more i could have done. should i just cut off the relationship in this case?

prayers would be appreciated also

Saint Monica prayed for her son for over 20 years for his conversion. Did she end her relationship with him because he was not Christian? Of course not! She showed true love by devoting her heart to his conversion. Her son, Saint Augustine, became one of the greatest doctors of our Church.

What I am meaning to say is, we are able to be friends with those who don’t believe. And leading another to Christ can take a very long time! Use your judgement. If they are toxic to you, by all means you can end the relationship. But if they are not impacting you negatively, how are you to know that you aren’t impacting them positively? :thumbsup:

thanks, i do agree with you. was just having some doubts due to some gospel passages like the one i used about jesus. though, perhaps he was talking about a diffrent situation. and also st. paul said not to have fellowship with unbelievers, so it’s abit confusing. anyways, i suppose i will just keep working at it and see how it goes

I just said a prayer for you. God bless you.

I pray that God blesses her with an open mind to love, praise, and have faith in God. I believe you should just continue to keep praying for her.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace, The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you:)

Praying for you and her.

I would say continue being her friend as you try to live the gospel values. And let the Lord work on your friend in His own time.

Praying for you and your friend.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.