Advice before first communion, confirmation?

Hi All!

God willing, I will be received into full communion with the Church at this year’s Easter Vigil! Yay!

I have some incredible Catholic friends here at school, and I’ve asked many of them if they have any advice about preparing to be received into the Church. I thought I’d open this question up to everyone at CAF, so, if you were getting ready to receive the Eucharist for the first time and be confirmed, what kinds of things would you do?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Make a very worthy–complete, honest, and sincere–confession. :slight_smile:

Bring a ton of Kleenex!!! I had no idea that ANYTHING could evoke an emotion response as strong and deep as first communion/confirmation. Before it was all over, you’d have thought we were having a funeral rather than a confirmation service. :slight_smile: I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house - from the priest on down. Best wishes, and make sure you keep us updated.

spend time in whatever post-confirmation sharing, class or on-going formation are offered. regard this as a beginning, not an end, in your Christian education. relax and focus on the Easter experience, and on the essentials – not what you wear, who will sit with you, your party, who is taking pictures etc–blot it all out and focus on the encounter with Christ and the Holy Spirit. Learn about the gifts of the Holy Spirit and live in expectation that once you have received them in Confirmation, they are available to you when they are needed, from now on.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.