Advice for peace and blessings

I literally leading myself to an early grave. I seldom sleep. I walk at 4am despite going to bed at 11pm. My brain just doesn’t stop worrying about the past. I need to just let things go and live with the consequences of my actions. I did not understand the graveness of my actions nor did I truly intend for things to get this ugly. I should have moved on Long time ago and I need go of my need to be right or my expectations from others. I am definitely becoming depressed again. My diet could be better. I am always tired with headaches. I am dependent on sleeping pills. My father does not think a young girl in her 20s should have trouble sleeping. I do not have children or a spouse to worry about. How am I going to manage then if I can barely get by now? My father thinks my sleep deprivation is a very serious problem. My anxiety as well. He fears I stress myself out enough I will die early or get a stroke at a young age.

Actually more like I wake up at 2am to 3am

Have you got a therapist to talk through your issues with? If not, see your GP to get some help. You don’t have to live with anxiety and depression, and you can get something for your insomnia. Don’t worry about what others say - you know how you feel and you have to live through it. Do what you need, don’t feel as though you’re letting others down by getting help. You aren’t. All you’re doing is helping yourself.

Lou

Next time you can’t sleep (e.g. wake up in the middle of the night or early morning), spend about half an hour praying either the chaplet of Divine Mercy or the Rosary, then try to go back to sleep keeping in mind the divine mercy image and I’m sure it will make a huge difference for you.

Divine Mercy Image - St. Faustina

http://s28.postimg.org/746uzccbx/Divine_Mercy.jpg

When you are crushed by anxieties and can’t sleep, recall the Divine Mercy image, reciting the Chaplet of Divine Mercy “Jesus I Trust in you.”

Think of your early wakening as Jesus calling you for prayer, for yourself and for the whole world.

How to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

I hope this has helped

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

Or even just contemplate the image josh provided.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.