I’ve posted before about my questions regarding the Catholic faith and how I’m feeling “drawn” to it and DH’s reluctance…
However, recently he listened to Scott Hahn’s CD regarding the Pope and has asked for me to get him more “info” as the RCC is now something he feels compelled to research.
That being said, for the last 6 months or so, we’ve been attending a new church and DH had been wanting to make our switch official. But, NOW, he nor I can, in good conscience, do so until we come to something conclusive about RCC.
Then comes the problem with our children (ages 10, 6, 6) who have not been baptized. All three just went through a baptism class at the current church (even though I could really tell that they thought my 6yo twin girls were too young to “make a decision”…ugh). My question is whether or not we should go ahead and have all three baptized in this Protestant Church (knowing full well that we may soon be leaving for the RCC). Does that pose a problem and/or would they be covered under a “baptism of desire” already if DH and I (or just I) begin RCIA in the fall. I don’t want to be deceitful to the church we are attending.
Another option would be my husband baptizing them in a creek we have on our farm (which is what we wanted to do initially anyway)…would that matter as long as he uses the Trinitarian formula?