Advice on good Catholic dating sites

Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone had Suggestions of a ‘good’ Catholic dating site is.
I’ve looked at a few and some of them say Catholic but they have other religions listed as well
(I’ve dated a Christan and fond out there were quite a few of incompatible beliefs.):rolleyes:

thanks so much :slight_smile:

Catholic Match
Ave Maria Singles

Neither are free though if you want to talk to people or email. Ave Maria is pretty expensive and CM is 25-30 for one month.

I highly suggest Catholic Singles. Both my sister and I met our spouses through that site. Of course, I live in a pretty densely populated city so I had a lot of options. Your mileage may vary depending on where you live.

would you happen to have the URL for that sit?

thank you for the suggestions :)

God bless

I met my husband on CatholicMatch.com 5 years ago. It was a pretty good site back then, but I've heard recently on here that some people don't like it. If my memory serves me correctly when you sign up, you had to select what your religion is. There was more than one option, but almost everyone on the site was Catholic. Of course that does not speak at all to how faithful they are.

[quote="CatholicGirl19, post:4, topic:190191"]
would you happen to have the URL for that sit?

[/quote]

catholicsingles.com/

[quote="samovila, post:6, topic:190191"]
I met my husband on CatholicMatch.com 5 years ago. It was a pretty good site back then, but I've heard recently on here that some people don't like it. If my memory serves me correctly when you sign up, you had to select what your religion is. There was more than one option, but almost everyone on the site was Catholic. Of course that does not speak at all to how faithful they are.

[/quote]

thank you, my brother tried that sit a few years back and most all the girls on there were Catholic so I'm guessing its a good one to consider :)

[quote="PrayHarder, post:7, topic:190191"]
catholicsingles.com/

[/quote]

I think Catholic singles is the worst one out there…
There is no measurement of people’s beliefs…lots of cafeteria catholics. There is one rather generic question about faith.

Ave maria on the other hand has extensive questions about one’s views on church teaching, family life, etc. It is for the one purpose of seeking a spouse. You don’t get a lot of people that aren’t serious about it because you have to pay up front, but its only a one time fee. This really protects the integrity of it.

Catholic match has the most numbers, one can have a profile without paying, they just can’t communicate. There’s 7 standard yes or no questions about beliefs , and then some other smaller question about your favorite saints, devotions, etc.

[quote="agapewolf, post:10, topic:190191"]
I think Catholic singles is the worst one out there....
There is no measurement of people's beliefs....lots of cafeteria catholics. There is one rather generic question about faith.

Ave maria on the other hand has extensive questions about one's views on church teaching, family life, etc. It is for the one purpose of seeking a spouse. You don't get a lot of people that aren't serious about it because you have to pay up front, but its only a one time fee. This really protects the integrity of it.

Catholic match has the most numbers, one can have a profile without paying, they just can't communicate. There's 7 standard yes or no questions about beliefs , and then some other smaller question about your favorite saints, devotions, etc.

[/quote]

I think AgapeWolf is right.

Be careful, of course. Be sure to talk to the person for a long time before you go to meet them.

Remember-be happy though! There is someone out there for you!

I disagree with this. Imagination does amazing things when there are blanks to fill.

I agree with being careful, but meeting someone you’ve talked to on the phone in a public place is no different, in fact, less dangerous than just chatting it up with a stranger at a bar.

Meet as soon as possible, therefore it is more “normal” than some kind of a bizarre phone relationship.

I don’t know about that Agapewolf. We both agree on being careful, and no fool would argue against that.

I think the more information about someone the better. Know them, talk to them, do over the phone, internet, texts, you name it. Then, you can decide if you actually want to meet the person, in public, of course.

It’s not that my way or Agapewolfs way is immoral/better-it’s just a different way of meeting someone.

I know from experience. Texting/email is very new to the world. “meeting” people online, while good because you can filter through them, can morph into some bizarre online relationship. Before email, people use to just meet and talk without typing lots of messages to each other, or speaking on the phone.

The online services should serve no more than introduction and a way to shake hands. The imagination fills the gaps when you don’t have all the information. I know this from experience.

It is much better to make it a normal interaction as soon as possible

Perhaps your right. I respectfully disagree.

Again, I really don’t think either way is immoral/moral.

thank you both for you advice :) it is well appreciated.

God bless

CatholicMatch is the best one in my opinion. Nice women on there but I don't know about the guys! haha :)

I am called Dylan on there from Great Britain and I am aged 22 ;)

CatholicSingles has an open house this weekend so you get full privaleges for free until Sunday night so you can check it out and see if it's a good fit for you. You may even find the one without even having to pay.

In regards to sites: I’ve gotten more matches on Catholicmatch (but not as super-incredible as the past - maybe just slightly incredible) than catholicsingles, which only has that one question. Ave Maria seems a little intense (from what I’ve heard) for young adults and it’s a little pricier without frequent specials like CM.

In regard to how to use the site to advance courtship/relationship, I’ve gotta go with agapewolf. I am terrible at letting my imagination build up a person and having the relationship fail because the guy was “good on paper” but not a good in-person partner. Also, after several e-mails and long phone conversations, we had nothing to talk about on the first date.

Then again, I would never tell a guy who’s just sent me a flirt to meet me at a coffee shop without attempting to Google him and get enough details to flesh out a real person and real story that could be verified (or not) later in person. Just find a balance for what works for you. Keep the first in-person meeting casual, active (bowling or mini-golf), and public.

Best of luck with your search! God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.