Advice to seekers and a message of hope for all

Here is a little tidbit of info out there for all of you considering the Church.

I have been studying the Faith for a year and a half and am still learning. More than likely you will learn alot from the internet, both truths and lies. I find that the truths are harder to find and the lies are as abundunt as the oxygen in our air. You will stumble across many websites, articles, books, and forums that are against the Catholic Church, and they will mess with your mind. They will claim the Church is the anti-christ and the whore of Babylon, and it is hard to hear and take.

On the other hand you will run across orthodox, Catholic sites and whatnot that are faithful to Christ and His Church. They can be sometimes hard to find due to liberalism and heterodoxy within the Church, but they are out there.

My point is, do not become discouraged when you run across a Baptist group here, a Pentacostal there, that hate and despise the Catholic Church, for they are ignorant. They will make outrageous claims and lay into the Chuch for Her teachings. But stay the course and do not be thrown off by wild accusations, for they are ignorant and their minds are closed and their hearts hardened. Maybe not by themseves, but by their parents or friends. Pray for them as a true Christian would do.

Love our separated brothers and sisters even if they persecute you and the Faith you embrace. Turn the other cheek and speak with gentleness and be able to defend the Faith and be proud of it.

This is a hard time for the Church, but the youth of the world want the TRUTH, and they want RESOLVE. The moral and theological relativism that are running rampant through out society will be halted. We demand orthodoxy! The youth of this world have seen the results of the 20th century and its selfish ways. From the ashes of the past century rose a figure though, one that demanded obedience, truth, and orthodoxy, one that wanted to enrich the lives of people all over the world and bring them to Christ. That figure is the Catholic Church. At one point people thought it had been beaten, battered and bruised so much, that She would never get up, but She did. With Pope John Paul II, and now Pope Benedict XVI, orthodoxy is making a comeback and the youth of the world will be the ones that propel it.

As a member of the youth of this world, I pledge my obedience to Christ and His Church. I believe in the Church because I believe in Christ. Please make the same commitment and lets show the world how much Christ loves them and wants them home, in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church!

DU

[quote=snowman10]Here is a little tidbit of info out there for all of you considering the Church.

I have been studying the Faith for a year and a half and am still learning. More than likely you will learn alot from the internet, both truths and lies. I find that the truths are harder to find and the lies are as abundunt as the oxygen in our air. You will stumble across many websites, articles, books, and forums that are against the Catholic Church, and they will mess with your mind. They will claim the Church is the anti-christ and the whore of Babylon, and it is hard to hear and take.

On the other hand you will run across orthodox, Catholic sites and whatnot that are faithful to Christ and His Church. They can be sometimes hard to find due to liberalism and heterodoxy within the Church, but they are out there.

My point is, do not become discouraged when you run across a Baptist group here, a Pentacostal there, that hate and despise the Catholic Church, for they are ignorant. They will make outrageous claims and lay into the Chuch for Her teachings. But stay the course and do not be thrown off by wild accusations, for they are ignorant and their minds are closed and their hearts hardened. Maybe not by themseves, but by their parents or friends. Pray for them as a true Christian would do.

Love our separated brothers and sisters even if they persecute you and the Faith you embrace. Turn the other cheek and speak with gentleness and be able to defend the Faith and be proud of it.

This is a hard time for the Church, but the youth of the world want the TRUTH, and they want RESOLVE. The moral and theological relativism that are running rampant through out society will be halted. We demand orthodoxy! The youth of this world have seen the results of the 20th century and its selfish ways. From the ashes of the past century rose a figure though, one that demanded obedience, truth, and orthodoxy, one that wanted to enrich the lives of people all over the world and bring them to Christ. That figure is the Catholic Church. At one point people thought it had been beaten, battered and bruised so much, that She would never get up, but She did. With Pope John Paul II, and now Pope Benedict XVI, orthodoxy is making a comeback and the youth of the world will be the ones that propel it.

As a member of the youth of this world, I pledge my obedience to Christ and His Church. I believe in the Church because I believe in Christ. Please make the same commitment and lets show the world how much Christ loves them and wants them home, in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church!

DU
[/quote]

AMEN!

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_41.gif

The reason I posted this was becuase of my incessant need to be right. I keep exploring sites on the web, and I ran into some anti-Catholic ones as well as ones that claim Jesus was a myth. I can understand both sides of the argument, but the case FOR is much stronger than the case against. I base this on reason, i.e. the Church has survived 2000 years, no problem. No other instituiton has done so, therefore Christ is real.

Point is, I am tired of all this BS…so let’s hear it for Christ and His Church!!!

DU

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.