Advice??

I need your advice.

I am in a situation at work… The danger is not to myself but to others. The problem is I know something is going to happen. I can feel it building and I have been proven right over and over again today but still no one is listening or taking actions to prevent a bigger problem from happening. Someone is going to get hurt and I am afraid it will happen when I am not there to prevent it. No one is listening because I am going with what I am observing and my insticts not enough I am being told to hold weight. we had our warning shot with the smashed window today from body language it will be the only one. I know it is hard for anyone to understand this message but I am bound by confidentiality laws not to give particulars. I almost quite my position today because of it but was begged not to.

Pray!:gopray2:

Have the authorities gotten involved… I am well versed in oter avenues to pursue… but maybe another poster will have tips!

Without getting more details, I think it’s impossible for anyone to give the concrete answers you are looking for.

I pray that the Lord will show you what He wants you to do.

God Bless,
JB

unfortunatly the authorities know I work for law enforcement in a prison.
I did pray and today was basicaly told that if I did not stop creating waves they would remove me from my position.

So I am giving it to God through his son Jesus Christ who I believe knows how my heart is aching for his children in prison who have to face this day after day. Not speaking up is very hard for me because in my heart I know morally what is going on is wrong. It is also ethically wrong I have told everyone I could and documented the situation so maby now is a test of my faith and patients.

Thank you everyone please pray for this situation.

As you say, it is difficult to think of any sort of advice without more details and possibly another Forum just may be more helpful:) …I will keep you in daily prayer…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_5.gifJMJ

New Angel:

You aren’t responsible for the health and safety of the employers at the company you work for - The people you work for are. If they choose to ignore obvious safety problems, the responsibility for any accidents, injuries or deaths lay with the owners who ignored the safety issues and refused to listen to you when you tried to call it to their attention.

You’ve already lived up to your obligations under Ezekiel Chapters 3 & 33 - You’ve tried repeatedly to warn your bosses about this safetly issue.

You can contact your state’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (If your state still has it’s own OSHA), or FED-OSHA. If you have reason to believe that you’ve observed SAFETY violations Or RISKS to LIFE, HEALTH and SAFETY, Your State OSHA, or FED-OSHA, would be the people to contact, and they should be able to either legally advise you, or put in contact with someone who can advise you, as to whether the confidentially agreements would prevent you from divulging the information to them.

If you don’t think this is going to work, or you have reason to believe that you would be punatively fired for calling in OSHEA and then “blacklisted” to future employers, you need to begin looking for a job elsewhere.

I don’t think it’s good for anyone’s mental and emotional health to have to be around all of the time in order to keep a well-known safetly issue from spiralling out of control and hurting, or even killing, someone. And, it’s not good for you to be made responsible over something over which you have absolutely no control thanks the to nature of your employers.

I hope this is helpful.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael

Angel:

Will pray…

Talk to your priest (hopefully not the prison chaplain)

Call a few of the “Civil Rights”/“Human Rights” organizations ANONYMOUSLY. Contact your local, state and federal politicians AT THEIR LOCAL OFFICES by phone and in person Contact the local TV stations and Talk Show hosts…

QUIETLY Document what is being done to the inmates, and document everything that’s happened so far.

Prepare your resume and references; Learn how to interview - all of that stuff again. Start interviewing elsewhere - State, city, county, feds…

Since you’re going to War… Pray the St. Michael Prayer Daily:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

I hope this helps - Get everyone you know to pray the Prayer to St. Michael.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael

Praying…

Since you’re going to War… Pray the St. Michael Prayer Daily:

Saint Michael the Archangel,

defend us in battle.

Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;

and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -

by the Divine Power of God -

cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,

who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

And another Amen from here!!!

Praying.

cannot offer advice, only prayers, and suggest St. Igatius’ rules for discernment of these tought life decisions. I can relate a story. Just got together with all my siblings for the first time in years. We looked at slides, shared stories, had a great time with memories of Dad and Mom who are both gone now. We older ones shared something the youngers were not aware of, except in its negative effects on our family.

Dad, no degree, got a job after the war in an industrial communications company that normally would go to a college person, on the strenght of his wartime specialized exprience. The salary was not great but enough to start a family, buy a small starter home, and a small used car, and he got small but regular salary increases. About 10 yrs later he was offered a job at what was then one of the top ad agencies, and took it, at what to him was a fabulous salary and benefit package.

If you catch Mad Men, the new show about ad agency culture in the 50s and 60s, you will see what he came up against in that job. My mom had just converted to Catholicism and they were very committed to Catholic family values (7 pregnancies in 13 years, for instance). Well, he quit the job after 3 months and went back to the old job, lesser position, lesser salary, lost all his seniority (which meant when he did get sick and have to retire, he got no pension). So the financial sacrifice was huge and our family was in a rather dire way for at least 3 years until he caught up with things.

the point I am making is that my older brother and I never forgot his explanation of his actions. he said to us and our mother: I could not remain a Christian and continue to work in that place.

This attitude of his, and our mother’s support of his decision, have been life-defining for us kids, and gave us an unshakable moral compass, gift of our parents. Your actions will have impact on your life and on your family, but don’t underestimate the good that can come, long term, even from short term suffering in the cause of righteousness.

This attitude of his, and our mother’s support of his decision, have been life-defining for us kids, and gave us an unshakable moral compass, gift of our parents. Your actions will have impact on your life and on your family, but don’t underestimate the good that can come, long term, even from short term suffering in the cause of righteousness.

Well said! Lord grant us the Grace to have the strength of our convictions…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_5.gifAmen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.