AFA sent this e-mail to me via newsletter

Campbell’s labels help support gay marriage

January 16, 2009

Dear Phil E.,

Many of the schools that participate don’t know that Campbell’s supports the homosexual publication The Advocate with advertising. The Advocate is a leading promoter of same-sex marriage.

AFA asked Campbell’s to be neutral in the culture war. Campbell’s refused and said it would continue to support The Advocate. The Media Daily News reported that a Campbell spokesman was quoted as saying: “Our plans for the Swanson brand [a division of Campbell’s] include additional placements in The Advocate." To show their commitment to same-sex marriage, Campbell’s sought out and featured two “married” lesbians and their son in one of the ads.

Yeah, this kind of sucks. I like Campbell’s soup, but now I will think twice before buying it.

It’s important to reiterate that it’s not just Campbell’s, it’s it’s entire company that includes Swanson goods.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.