Afghan Boy Reportedly Forced by Taliban to Step on Bomb

Zhari District, Kandahar Province, Afghanistan – Over the past several days there have been news stories here in Afghanistan about the Taliban strangling an 8-year-old boy. The reports say that his father refused to turn over a police vehicle to the enemy, and so they murdered his son. Late last night, a courageous Afghan journalist named Mustafa Kazemi emailed an image of the boy that Mustafa said had been murdered. Afghans are enraged. They hate this behavior as much as we do. The boy appears to have had his eyes gouged out before being strangled to death. This image is graphic. (Please scroll down)

And so last night I walked to the Headquarters of 4-4CAV here in Zhari District, the most active district in Afghanistan at this time. I asked what was going on tonight. A noncommissioned officer filled me in on the day’s events. We had been in a minor ambush resulting in a slight injury and a damaged MRAP, so I knew about that one. But then he explained about a boy whom he said the Taliban forced to step on an IED just down the road from here. Apparently, according to Afghans, the Taliban may have been testing a new bomb made from a soda bottle. The boy’s name is Jalil, and our people estimate that Jalil is 6 to 8-years-old. Jalil was picking grapes with his brother when the Taliban, according to reporting, told the boy to step on the bomb. It blew off his right leg below the knee, leaving hamburger on the stump, and fractured his femur. Afghans brought Jalil to the nearby American base called COP Kolk, where 4-4CAV Soldiers treated him. A helicopter took Jalil and his father to Kandahar Airfield for advanced treatment.

I asked the Taliban spokesman for his take on this, and he emailed back that “It is enemy propaganda.” The evidence is against him.

Read more: foxnews.com/world/2011/07/26/afghan-boy-reportedly-forced-by-taliban-to-step-on-bomb/#ixzz1TFLZwOll

There is more at the link, I could barely stomach what I read on Fox. :mad:

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for helping this boy’s family during this difficult period. Amen.

It is in the hand’s of God and surely he has to be in heaven for the dreadful torchment he encountered.

JESUS I TRUST IN YOU

This is standard operating practice for the Taliban. Has been for as long as I have been following them.

More gifts from the “Religion of Peace”

Of course, someone has to blame it on “Islam.” Of course, a few months ago 9 Afghan children carrying firewood were mowed down by NATO forces who “thought they were terrorists.” Naturally this did not make the news section and no one made sweaping generalizations about what western religion or ideology was responsible for it. Seriously, the way people love to blame abstractions for bad things never ceases to amaze me.

It did make the news. In fact, it was all over the news.The situation with the NATO forces was a tragic mistake. The situation with the Taliban was a deliberate and inhumane act. The Koran specifically states that all infidels should be slaughtered. That, my friend, is not an abstraction.

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for helping this boy’s family during this difficult period. Amen.

Well, it would seem that with trillions being trimmed off the American budget by no longer pursuing war against these Islamists who used to rule Afghanistan, there is every chance that this is the face of Islam that Afghanistan will once again be presenting the world with on even the most official of levels.

Without America spending money and lives to oppose it, this was the face of Islam, and as Islamists posed to gain the upper hand in more and more countries from Pakistan to Egypt, this will be the face of Islam in the future.

The Shia Islamists of Iran fought their war against Iraq by sending nine year olds in front of their more valuable troops as mine sweeps, so indeed this is nothing new for the religion pf peace of the Islamists.

It is sad to see a culture that supports the killing of children for political goals It is just as sad to see it happen in Afghanistan as to see it happen in our own supposedly civilized country.

I see you’re Canadian, so I’ll ask: is your country willing to spend money and lives on the effort? I understand that Canadian troops are withdrawing from Afghanistan this month - is that correct?

Yes, Canada is leaving too.

. Of course, America is the deciding factor in these actions with greater power then all other participants combined.
I was not criticizing either America or Canada for doing so, by the way. In the light of Reid’s recent proposals, I was just noting that there is a very real possibility that the Taliban would be back with their Islamist rule.

Islamists used young boys as mine sweeps in Iran. This is the face of Islam if and when the Islamists take control of a country. How much of our own blood and money ought to be spent protecting Muslims from Islamists is a fair question with different actions.

On the other hand, it is an objective statement of fact that America is about the only force that is powerful enough to militarily hold these forces at bay before they take over whole countries.

There are no easy answers here.
Not for Chretien. Nor Harper.
Not for Bush and not for Obama either.

There is nothing to be done for these people. They will continue to live under this opperssion until THEY decide not to any longer.

Instead of talking to the press that father should be killing taliban.

Exactly. Apparently they aren’t too upset by the Taliban strangling and maiming their children.

I am trying to fake amazement over this while crying.

Oh my God, this is TERRIBLE! Gouged his eyes out?!

:gopray2: :gopray2: :gopray2:

And then go figure this news is reported by FOX. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.