Afghanistan for 1 Yr

This is a request for prayers for my sweet nephew, Mathew, who will be sent to Afghanistan for one year starting December, 2009. He is single, and in his 20s; and I am not sure any American can be safe there. May God keep him in His care and graces !

Praying for Matthew’s safety and all serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Lord we ask for Your protection of soul, mind, heart and body of Mathew and all who serve in Afghanistan.

Angels of God please protect them.
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Praying in union with the Guardian Angel of Afghanistan for the safety of your nephew as well as for the conversion and well-being of the land and people of Afghanistan.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying hard for him and all of our military.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Praying for Mathew’s safety and protection while he serves in Afghanistan …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Continuing prayers …

:angel1:

Lord, please keep Matthew safe and strong in faith for the entire year he will be in Afghanistan. Bless him with a holy chaplain and good wholesome friends in his military unit. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

*Oh, I will be praying for your nephew. Praying for his safe return, and for you and your family to feel the peace of Christ during his time there. I know that you must be frightened for him…what a brave guy to defend his country like this. Tell him ‘‘thank you’’ from us here at CAF! :hug1:

Hail Mary, full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou
Amongst women and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen. :gopray:*

i need to thank you all VERY much for your prayers re: my nephew, Mathew, and his going to Afghanistan. To-date his deployment has been delayed. He will still be leaving for Afghanistan by way of Kuwait in mid January 2010, but remarkably he was able to spend Christmas with his parents, and though Thanksgiving was spent at a Fort in Texas, it was* after *the unfortunate Ft. Worth incident.

i believe your prayers and God granted our family this blessing and we are better prepared (steeled) for his going (1yr 4 months).

(i see daily in our local newspaper those who died in Afghanistan (God rest their souls), and it is often the result of IEDs (improvised explosive devices) even if one is in a vehicle. Does anyone know how to avoid these? or what equipment helps detect them before hand? i wish i could feel re-assured about them.
i watched the documentary “The Fires of Kuwait” and noticed a large rolling metal brush on their beaches to detect mines there, but why are these IEDs so effective?)

mary.

after today's news re: a suicide bomber in Afghanistan who killed 13, i have a deeper respect for Catholic faith teaching on suicide: it *is forbidden under the 5th commandment and is a sin *!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

Praying for Matthew’s safety and that he returns safely to his family after his assignment

10/28/10

Dear Catholic Prayer Warriors:

I need to thank you and Our Lord deeply and whole-heartedly for your prayers for my nephew, Mathew.

He indeed went to Afghanistan this past January 2010-- to drill for water.

Last August he and Jeff Hart were called to Chile--to drill for 33 Chilean miners as Plan B.
They were successful!

Today, Matt and Jeff (the 2 Plan B drill operators who worked two 12-hour shifts for 33 days) were honored by President Obama at the White House Oval Office for their contribution to this effort !

May God bless you all for your prayers. Matt returns Nov. 2nd to Afghanistan and for another year from Jan. 2011.

May the Holy Spirit continue to bless and guide him and his associates, and,
again, THANK YOU ! Mathew is a sweetheart of a young man.

: ) mary S.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.