Afro Samurai

It’s a manga, it’s an anime, and it’s movies.

And it’s pure evil.

Afro Samurai is the story of a man who exacts revenge on everyone he meets, even those who have done him no harm. In one battle in the manga, he uses children - one of them crippled - as human shields. In the movie Resurrection, he uses a DJ as a human shield.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Afro Samurai is depicted as being badass, and, since he’s the protagonist, as being more good than his opponents - but I doubt that, since everyone is motivated by vengeance and he goes to no end in killing everyone in sight.

To reiterate, Afro Samurai is an evil work. Stay away from it, and keep others away from it too.

Pff. It’s just one of those typical, mindless gore fests with extremely rough looking characters. (The art-style isn’t even moe. -.-;; )

Needs more moe, indeed.

…and desu.

I haven’t seen it. I don’t really plan on seeing it. The previews and clips/AMV’s from youtube have convinced me that just because you combine Samuel L. Jackson, samurai, and anime, doesn’t mean the result is as good as any one individual component.

I saw one episode of this show with my brother, and I hated it from the beginning. Don’t watch this show, there is so much immorality in it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.