After Abortion...

Just a video that I found and put up on my blog about what post abortion is really like. Share if you like.

postabortionwalk.blogspot.com/2012/10/life-after-abortion.html

Thanks for sharing.

What’s ironic is that so many pro-choice people paint abortion as an easy, convenient choice that is no different than getting your tonsils removed. Even many pro-life people don’t understand what living with abortion is really like and they assume that the majority of women who have abortions just tossed a child away without a second thought.

The reality is that, while abortion seems easy at first, it has its own set of emotional complications that last forever. Most women have a lifetime of second thought of one kind or another. I have heard women say that as hard as parenting is, the loss and trauma that can follow abortion is so much harder. Parenting, obviously, is much harder in the practical sense: You have to live with and care for children 24/7 for 18+ years, whereas the impact of abortion is invisible, but just as real.

:thumbsup:Well said!

Very well said.

In fact, there are even published studies in secular journals about the long-term psychological consequences of “safe” abortions, but these are glossed over by “leaders” in the mental health field (a recent president of the APA was a notorious offender) because such findings do not fit into their “pro-choice” worldview.

And most medical practitioners involved in performing this crime do not warn their patients about these problems; instead, they emphasise how quick, clean, easy and convenient it will be. Contrast this with the amount of caution that goes into obtaining consent for even a “routine” surgical procedure.

In the Physicians’ Oath of 1948, the line “…protecting life from the moment of conception” was included. This was deleted in the “updated” version released in 1968, more for political reasons than for anything to do with science.

When is the medical profession going to wake up? :mad:

And there are physical aftereffects also.

After I had my abortion in 1974, I had what was explained to me as a “break with reality.”

After the abortion, the facility personnel took us – one by one as we were aborted – to a room. It was a smallish room, no windows that I can recall. I have called it the room of sorrows or the room of tears. That is just what I thought of it as being.

I looked around me and suddenly, as I watched the others crying…most of them were, I think…I either “saw” or “imagined myself to be participating in” Mark 4: 35-40.

It seems as if it were over in minutes…Fortunately, it is the only break with reality that I ever had (-:

Of course I confessed my abortion. I am sure I am forgiven. I have been very, very …regretful? sorry? None of these words “do it” and I am a writer!! A writer out of words.

Any insight about why Mark 4:35-40 and it’s parallel parables in Matthew and Luke.

While I have been forgiven for my abortion, I am afraid of God. Not for the abortion. Just afraid.

As a post-abortive male who drove the car and wrote the check, I take special meaning from Gn 2:17

but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat[d] of it you shall surely die.”

I decided for myself what was good and evil. The fruit of that was abortion. I died a spiritual death, just as God promised. It’s hard to describe.
Taking a human life cries out for justice, and even though the crime is unseen for most of us, there is a price to be paid. No way around it other than to come to Jesus. I thank God that he allowed me to suffer for my child’s abortion. I shudder to think what would have happened to me if I had not come to terms with the reality of it. The suffering helped convert me.

I hear ya!:thumbsup:

How true. Guilt and hurt that affect and haunt the woman which only God can heal.

God is love. 1John 4:8, 16

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Amen.

I went back to confession several times for the same sin of abortion. Even though I was forgiven for the act of participating in the abortion, there was something else that filled me full of dread. Paradoxically, I didn’t beging to heal until I realized and accepted the depraved condition I was in.

My initial confessions were done with the motivation of feeling better, relieving the guilt. I think I thought that would be the end of it. It was not. It took me years (10?) to accept the immorality of what I had done. I was confessing to a wonderful priest about 12 years ago. I confessed the aobrtion again. I told him I had confessed it previously. He stopped me in the middle of the confession. He told me to think for a minute of this child. He told me “Choose a name”. John Thomas. And he did a baptism in the confessional. It hit home to me that I had harmed someone else, not just done some abstract sin. I had killed a human being that has a soul and a name. That was the bottom for me. I began to recover from there and lose the dread. Jesus Christ fogives us unconditionally. But we need to accept the truth to experience that forgiveness. Over the years, other associated sins have come to my attention. I treated the mother cruelly, I lied to people. The layers of the onion keep peeling back, according to God’s mercy. If I had been shown the true condition of my soul 20 years ago, I probably would have burst into flames on the spot. God has shown me those things I am capable of handling.
Don’t be afraid.

Rachael’s Vineyard Retreats are a beautiful, albeit painful start to the healing from abortion. Naming our babies is one of the MOST healing and beautiful aspects of this journey.I remember ,when trying to choose a name for my baby,thinking of gender neutral names.Then one of the facilitator’s said,"Ask the Holy spirit to guide you,in naming your baby,He won’t get it wrong."Almost instantly,the name Anne came to me.I have always loved that name for it’s simplicity and beauty.So I named my baby girl AnneCatherine.I pray for her soul and that of all aborted babies,that in Our Lord’s mercy they will rest in His arms for all eternity.

Though people have to take an action like abortion, I think it has a negative impact on humanity.

I do as well. It is comforting to know that despite our negligence and malice, God has lifted these children to His embrace.

I admit I was pro-choice (to my now great shame) although it was nothing I would ever consider for myself. Up until a few days ago when a friend posted me a link to you tube and a video called the silent scream. I have never seen the film before but I have never cried so much in my life. If anyone has seen it they will understand but it really put into perspective for me what really happens. I always sheltered myself with the idea that abortions happened very early (not that this made it any better). But to see that video, the baby girl literally being destroyed just tore at my heart and I cant believe I have had a pro-choice attitude before even as a catholic (im obviously not a good one). I just wish more mothers were made aware of exactly what will happen to their baby. I cant watch the video you have posted the silent scream is still haunting me :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.